RA1028

Boomerang Re-release

Just now, huasze said:

They don't ship anymore I guess. Visit their Osaka shop? It's a whole building of rc stuff, mainly Tamiya. The absolute biggest rc shop I saw in my life!

I may have to organise a 'work trip ' there

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, madmickmalone said:

I may have to organise a 'work trip ' there

Good ! , You may need a VERY BIG BAG << "no" "NO" don't worry about a bag . You will need 

a very big truck :D . For all our orders :lol: ...   I'm thinking of heading to japan for a trip now :lol:  i think ! .

As it maybe the only way to get them , HOW sad is this , if it's only going to be in Japan only .

We must mean nothing to Mr T :( boohoo . just hope they do a run after Japan  later this year . 

• Like 3

Rc champ and super rajikon Osaka are must-visit places. Rc champ a little more out of the way, but much bigger. One whole building by itself, with the ground floor for parking. 

I usually don't buy kits as it is a hassle to lug back, but this year might be different!

This is a shame.. i passed on the 2008 boomer when i was in the early stage's of buying re-re's thinking how many do i really need, but that was just before i got addicted.. 

Anyway i hope i... or we can manage to grab one of these kits 2nd time around.

• Like 1

Soi have enquired with super-rc in japan and they have said they will ship to New Zealand and the kits are 12300 yen each. Have pre-ordered 2 kits (used my 3yo son as and excuse for the second when getting signoff...)

Just thought I would share if anyone else was interested in ordering

• Like 1

Thats the million yen question. I have asked that, the kit at 12300 yen is only nzd$149 so if ahipping is that again i'm ok with that. The Boomerang is the only old kit that i really really want, although i really like the look of the Top Force...

The website suggests shipping isn't expensive, adding a second kit is only 864yen for example, but who knows.  Will let you know shipping when I hear back from them. 

• Like 1

Heard back already, 5000yen shipping and 2000yen tax is their guesstimate. I'm a bit sceptical as they said based on 800g weight so I've asked if that's a typo.

Has Tamiya done only Japan kits before. Will surprise me if they don't sell them other places as well.

3 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Heard back already, 5000yen shipping and 2000yen tax is their guesstimate. I'm a bit sceptical as they said based on 800g weight so I've asked if that's a typo.

When I last checked Japan post, shipping for surface for 10kg parcel is around 8000 yen economy air and 5000 yen surface to Singapore. Since NZ isn't that far from SG by air, I'd say the pricing for the kit(volume 4kg) would be around there

Is the Tamiya bigwigs (no pun intended) and boffins taking some sort of funny pils?:unsure: why would you only sell something in one region when your a global selling company! I could understand if Tamiya was a small manufacturer trying to find or starting a new market but what do they get out of selling to one place? I must admit I've got no interest in the boomerang or any of the "Japan only" models but it does seem like an own goal! Strange:huh:!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Klausen said:

Has Tamiya done only Japan kits before. Will surprise me if they don't sell them other places as well.

It wouldn't be a first, if talking just kits or limited edition items. They also used to do Show Special surprises where limited stock was sold only at the concession stall at a Japanese expo. 

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Is the Tamiya bigwigs (no pun intended) and boffins taking some sort of funny pils?:unsure: why would you only sell something in one region when your a global selling company! I could understand if Tamiya was a small manufacturer trying to find or starting a new market but what do they get out of selling to one place? I must admit I've got no interest in the boomerang or any of the "Japan only" models but it does seem like an own goal! Strange:huh:!

Perhaps it's the distributors not wanting to take fresh stock of re-re-re? Perhaps due to price point too high or unpopular model, they've only just gotten rid of the last of the previous run? 

Distributors & retail shows don't necessarily share the same enthusiasm for retro releases... takes up space if they don't sell quick, customer expect ongoing parts support, various 1st world issues like lipos not fitting etc etc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Soi have enquired with super-rc in japan and they have said they will ship to New Zealand and the kits are 12300 yen each.

ok appears that Boomerang re-appearance will keep same kit # 58418 expected release 2/3/17

RRP is JPY16,800 so they're quoting ~25% off

45 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

ok appears that Boomerang re-appearance will keep same kit # 58418 expected release 2/3/17

Yes, it will. That's why I didn't add it here when I added the Neo Scorcher Blue Metallic that Tamiya announced simultaneously.

New releases

7 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Soi have enquired with super-rc in japan

Do you have a link? Cannot find that store.

3 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Perhaps it's the distributors not wanting to take fresh stock of re-re-re? Perhaps due to price point too high or unpopular model, they've only just gotten rid of the last of the previous run? 

Distributors & retail shows don't necessarily share the same enthusiasm for retro releases... takes up space if they don't sell quick, customer expect ongoing parts support, various 1st world issues like lipos not fitting etc etc

Yeah good point! I was talking to a shop owner (with many years experience) when the fighting buggy (buggy champ) was re-released and he didn't feel the excitement us forum users were having because although he had his customers who are collector's other than them other customers didn't really take to it!:huh: and it did sit on his shelves longer than he wanted it to!

Hi, new member here, I have been a lurker for some time as I have been searching for all the long gone models from my youth. I am certain that is a common theme for most of us.

Regarding the Japan only** releases, does www.1999.co.jp ship to US or is there somewhere on their site where I can read up on the subject? I see preorders have opened up there as of the 3rd of Feb.

I can say that I have looked into proxy companies if export is a problem from the big stores. Champ for example is already closed for preorder. I do not know their fees yet unfortunately but I am waiting on an email from one of them (tenso.com) if anyone where to have any experience. Banzai is showing product details currently with a "notify me when available banner" as well.

I'm just about to buy a vintage boomer on eBay......would love a nova fox as well. I think I may wait now

What do they sell for on ebay? There is one for sale in New Zealand on trademe which is our local version of ebay and they are asking $500. Not sure if the seller knows they are being released again and I will get 2 for that amount...