RA1028

Boomerang Re-release

Was gonna buy the Bigwig but have ordered two Boomerangs - my first one I had back in 89 :) can't wait! 

Mine are on their way, have the tracking number and everything...turns out checking where they are every half hour doesn't speed it up!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Mine are on their way, have the tracking number and everything...turns out checking where they are every half hour doesn't speed it up!

Yep got PayPal notification today paid up and it on its way to Aussie land 

• Like 1

Just got the bigwig delivered and  a boomerang is heading my way as i type ☺ happy days ahead.. re-re humongous year.   Wonder if any other re-re kits will get a re-re, re-re .  😃 wild one.?

• Like 1

Has anyone ordered from Japan using the EMS service from Japan post? The tracking says "departure from inward office of exchange ". It is in Auckland now (frustratingly close, I live 10mins from the airport and would happily go and pick them up!)   The order is over the threshold for duty but most seem to get through when they are only just over.

Does this mean that it is through customs and now just needs processing by NZ post or whoever handles the NZ part for Japan post?

when I ordered from rcmart...it got to Chicago international and stayed there for 4 days!...I was a nervous wreck.....then transferred to Chicago usps......I did receive it a few days later...it was a Tamiya kit...

So my Boomerangs arrived,  except one is a Novafox!?! I have emailed asking if they have any suggestions as its their mistake, but I guess its not all bad to have 1 of each.

I know nothing about the Novafox, guess I should do some research.

Oh and no ESC so that opens up an opportunity....

6 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

So my Boomerangs arrived,  except one is a Novafox!?! I have emailed asking if they have any suggestions as its their mistake, but I guess its not all bad to have 1 of each.

I know nothing about the Novafox, guess I should do some research.

Geez.. 😞  i think i purchased from the same store as you did Jonathon. I ordered 1 boomerang kit and i gave them the kit number.

Hope i dont get another novafox as i already have one with lots of spares.  The novafox is a great bit of kit indeed, u car'nt go wrong with the fox ☺

They replied saying to send it back and they sent the other boomerang to the wrong person who wanted a fox and they'll get them to send the boomerang back then send it to me. It all sounds too hard, so have asked if i can just keep it. They can't really say no since i have it here alreayd, its also cheaper for them to let me keep it.

Looking through the Boomerang kit the build is so much more involved than the TT02Bs that I built in November. Its almost intimidating how much more there is to it! Can't wait, the biggest challenge will be involving my son without him getting too involved...

i think the fox cost a little more than the boomer.

more worthwhile to keep the fox.

i will probably never have a fox. 4wd more my thing

Anyone have a source that will ship to the USA?

Yep kept them both, got the Fox for the Boomerang price, only 2200yen difference though but still, small wins. I'm actually really happy how it turned out, 4wd more my thing too and would never have bought the Fox but the kit is really cool and I've done some reading about the Fox and it has a great story and by all accounts is a great car.

GTodd, Super RC in Japan will probably ship to the USA but I don't know for sure. Email them on oversea@super-rc.com

Yes that is oversea, not overseas.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Yep kept them both, got the Fox for the Boomerang price, only 2200yen difference though but still, small wins. I'm actually really happy how it turned out, 4wd more my thing too and would never have bought the Fox but the kit is really cool and I've done some reading about the Fox and it has a great story and by all accounts is a great car.

GTodd, Super RC in Japan will probably ship to the USA but I don't know for sure. Email them on oversea@super-rc.com

Yes that is oversea, not overseas.

Good luck!

unfortunately Super Rc has sold out on the Boomerang ,i got a fox ,and there avante reservation is full,bummer.

Hopefully the HK shops will get some.

I can't imagine that the release is limited to Japan and the UK.

I got mine from Futaba Pro Shop. Just checked the tracking and it has arrived in Australia today so the next day or two and i should have it.

Only been wanting one since the 80's so to finally have one is awesome

5 hours ago, KalEl63 said:

I got mine from Futaba Pro Shop. Just checked the tracking and it has arrived in Australia today so the next day or two and i should have it.

Only been wanting one since the 80's so to finally have one is awesome

Good to see you Back . :P  .

Has anyone received their Boomerangs from any sellers outside of Japan yet? Just curious to know if/when it will make it to other countries

I see the Novafox and Avante will be making it to Tower Hobbies in the States. I sure hope the Boomerang gets listed eventually too. I missed it the last time around.

TamiyaUSA has the Boomerang listed as "coming soon" rather than "discontinued", so there is hope.  If so, Tower should get some.

• Like 1