RA1028

Boomerang Re-release

Mmmmmm, shiny!

I'll post a pic of my dual shock upgraded Boomerang when I get home from work today.

I really want a brand new one, but I think I'll have to settle for some spare parts to make the current one (and the mostly complete Super Sabre...) up to scratch!

It's fun to be right. ;)

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=279603

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=225187

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=225101

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=218307

This is yet one more release from that coffee pot promotion....it really was a big hint to what would come wasn't it? Only the Astute and Rough Rider to go now then. :P

As it happens I still predict that, the coffee pot re-re's aside, the Fast Attack Vehicle will be the next re-release with the possible later addition of the Wild One. I think you can forget about the Monster Beetle folks...if it was gonna happen it would have by now.

The FAV is a blatantly obvious choice for a re-release. It's all plastic, a military vehicle and no licensing issues. Watch this space folks.

This is yet one more release from that coffee pot promotion....it really was a big hint to what would come wasn't it? Only the Astute and Rough Rider to go now then. ;)

You forgot about the Avante... :P

Now wouldn't that be a crazy re-re! :P

You forgot about the Avante... ;)

I guess in Tamiya's eyes they did, with the bodyshell on a DF03 trick. Obviously not a re-re, but probably as close as we'll get!

You forgot about the Avante... :P

Well the Avante has had it's re-re...in the form of the Avante MkII. Old Avante body on modern DF-03 chassis. That's as close as we'll get to an Avante re-re unfortunately. ;)

I guess in Tamiya's eyes they did, with the bodyshell on a DF03 trick. Obviously not a re-re, but probably as close as we'll get!

You beat me to it Rich. :P

Hooray! another vintage 4WD re-re is great news. I know what I'm asking for for Xmas. I love my Hotshot, and I was considering a Fire Dragon, but I'd much rather have a Boomer.

BTW, does the Boomerang turn any tighter than the Hotshot, or is it still like docking an ocean liner?

BTW, does the Boomerang turn any tighter than the Hotshot, or is it still like docking an ocean liner?

It has a different steering linkage, and different knuckles than the Hot Shot, which eliminates some of the bump steer, but it's still probably an understeery beast.

- James

It has a different steering linkage, and different knuckles than the Hot Shot, which eliminates some of the bump steer, but it's still probably an understeery beast.

- James

No, the Boomerang is oversteerer.

Max

Mmmmm. I might get one . I never owned a Bommerang.

It will go well with my Hot Shot / Super Shot om my vintage shelf..

Buggy Champ TTG :o

I still think they may release a 1/10th version of it the Rough Rider but it will be seriously modified from the original design.

The boomerang was my first car too, the ultima was my second.

Even though it's 2wd I allways liked it better, so I think I will wait for the boomer body and add that to another ultima :o

I cant help wondering if it will be an actual re-release or will they just slap the body on the re-re Hotshot chassis?

I'd always overlooked the Boomerang, but I really enjoyed building my HotShot and my Fire Dragon re-res so I'll definately be looking forward to this one. I feel an Oldskool custom paintjob coming on!

I cant help wondering if it will be an actual re-release or will they just slap the body on the re-re Hotshot chassis?

No chance of that, it will be identical to the original minus a few decal changes and the dogbone propshaft. Besides, the Boomerang bodyshell would never fit over the Hotshot roll cage.

No chance of that, it will be identical to the original minus a few decal changes and the dogbone propshaft. Besides, the Boomerang bodyshell would never fit over the Hotshot roll cage.

Excellent - this is one re-re I may actual get my wallet out for :o

A nice little bonus of this re-re will be the availability of nice shiny new yellow CVA shocks to help Hotshot owners in their bid to convert to a Supershot. :o

Perfect timing as i'm in need of a Boomerang bodyshell for the one I forgot to mask the windows on...

A nice little bonus of this re-re will be the availability of nice shiny new yellow CVA shocks to help Hotshot owners in their bid to convert to a Supershot. :)

I was watching the Fox promotional video (yet again, I watch it over and over :wub: ) and I remembered you writing this here and I just realised that the Fox was where the new CVA's were invented, they are the first car in the Tamiya line up to have them, it never "clicked" before (even though he says "all new shock absorbers" in the vid. :) ).

Also while I am at it, I just realised 2 other interesting things at almost the same time ;-

1) that the funny looking front gold shock in the video shown in a close up is actually a yellow one which has had a cross section cut out of it and the edges painted in red (same as the monocoque chassis) and you can see the design of the inside of the shock, and

2) When it says on the receiver " ACOMS LSI BEC ", I already knew that LSI stands for Large Scale Integration (i.e. meaning LOTS of components placed on chip), but I never realised why Acoms explicitly stated this on the receiver label until now, it's because the BEC was (at the time) normally on a separate chip (available from Tamiya in 6 different flavours to suit the 6 different brands of radio set at the time) but this time the BEC was on the same chip as the RX, thus making it indeed Large Scale Integration, which lowered the parts count and increased the reliability.

It's funny how I have watched that video maybe 50 times before noticing those 3 things tonight. Kinda like I watched the Optima promo. video about 50 times before I noticed it said " WINNIGEST " instead of " WINNINGEST" (which isn't even an English word! but is probably the best direct translation of the Japanese characters above it) and then I watched it another 50 times before I noticed it said " BACKBONE ALMINUM FRAME " instead of " BACKBONE ALUMINUM FRAME " :(

Cheers,

Alistair G.

I was watching the Fox promotional video (yet again, I watch it over and over :wub: ) and I remembered you writing this here and I just realised that the Fox was where the new CVA's were invented, they are the first car in the Tamiya line up to have them, it never "clicked" before (even though he says "all new shock absorbers" in the vid. :) ).

Also while I am at it, I just realised 2 other interesting things at almost the same time ;-

1) that the funny looking front gold shock in the video shown in a close up is actually a yellow one which has had a cross section cut out of it and the edges painted in red (same as the monocoque chassis) and you can see the design of the inside of the shock, and

2) When it says on the receiver " ACOMS LSI BEC ", I already knew that LSI stands for Large Scale Integration (i.e. meaning LOTS of components placed on chip), but I never realised why Acoms explicitly stated this on the receiver label until now, it's because the BEC was (at the time) normally on a separate chip (available from Tamiya in 6 different flavours to suit the 6 different brands of radio set at the time) but this time the BEC was on the same chip as the RX, thus making it indeed Large Scale Integration, which lowered the parts count and increased the reliability.

It's funny how I have watched that video maybe 50 times before noticing those 3 things tonight. Kinda like I watched the Optima promo. video about 50 times before I noticed it said " WINNIGEST " instead of " WINNINGEST" (which isn't even an English word! but is probably the best direct translation of the Japanese characters above it) and then I watched it another 50 times before I noticed it said " BACKBONE ALMINUM FRAME " instead of " BACKBONE ALUMINUM FRAME " :(

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Dude you really have to get out more!

Any ideas on re-re price and release date?

Any ideas on re-re price and release date?

release date and price for Japan are in the link to the tamiya site. Use babelfish or alike to translate it

You mind your manners, Sir.

What I do with my life is up to me.

I'm obssesed. So sue me. :)

Ali. G.