Tamiya1/10

Pricing For The New 3spds.

I know TC has members from all parts of the world and what better way to find out about prices from their LHS.

I am wondering what is a NIB 3 spd, whether is the F350 or Hilux, going for in your country/city/LHS etc...?

In Hong Kong is going for around US$288.00+- with not sales tax like VAT or GST.

Thanks for reply... :rolleyes:

Here is Austria it's mostly EUR 399,90 which is currently USD 536,--

cheers

Great question.

In the UK an F350 or Hilux would cost you 289 tax paid and delivered. That's US$491

Cost me a total of AU$1203.00 delivered from HK for the F-350, MFC-02, Tamiya bearings and a Futaba 4VWD radio set. It's an awesome setup. I haven't gotten the body painted yet but the chassis is assembled and has had much use. When I bought it $1US = $0.72AU, terrible exchange rate, but it has gotten worse since with the recent turmoil in the markets so I'm glad I got it when I did.

From the LHS was almost $2k for the same deal, I laughed at him...

$409 through Tower Hobbies or the cheapest Buy It Now on ebay is $390 shipped. Either way that are still too high priced for me right now.

Thanks for the feed back and interesting. I sure like to know the cost in Japan, Singapore, Thailand etc / the Asian belt.

I know a big factor is the shipping cost. Form Hong Kong to the States or Europe I would say add US$100.00+- for postal cost, so on ebay at US$390.00 is about right.

By no means, I am faulting the LHS for the prices it has to charge inorder to stay in business. I guess different countries/cities have different cost structures to deal with but the good LHS do provide a value service.

So far, from a RC point, Hong Kong is a pretty good place to buy, anything else like places to run your RC, to store, climate etc... is another story.

As far as I know the Swedish Tamiya dist. didnt even bother to put them in stock , and Im sure its because of the price they would be . Instead they are making their profit by selling glass beads,colouring books and wooden trains , SAD :lol:

Street price for just the Hi-Lift kit here is around AU$575.

I was lucky, and picked up my Hilux and MFU from Hong Kong, when the Aussie dollar was over US 90c. Cost me about $900 all up I think including radio gear.

- James

Street price for just the Hi-Lift kit here is around AU$575.

I was lucky, and picked up my Hilux and MFU from Hong Kong, when the Aussie dollar was over US 90c. Cost me about $900 all up I think including radio gear.

- James

Is that tax included or just the listed price? I can see why when I was a kid I cannot affort the old 3 spds. The price is without radio and servo gears, ESC, batteries, ball bearings and a few cans of paint, all basci stuff.

How did you get pass Custom when you went home or there is $500.00 limit you can bring back after staying away several days?

The Custom boys at Canada will tax you even if you bought something several years back without declaring it. A buddy on my, his son what taxed on a lap top he took with him to study a few years ago and the Custom guy charged the boy recently why he didn't declare it back than and wanted to fine him as well until the boy answered I was only 13 at the time and didn't know. In the end he was still assessed $30.00 and told he must declare all items purchased while aboard. In one sense Customs are just doing their job and will even check old stuff to see if it were Custom paid.

I see them from $349.00 to $409.00 at the LHS's here. Hobby shops in this area will make a deal to move them. A fellow racer who works at Hobbytown got his for around $250.00 (a HI-LUX) he said with his discount of course..

Ultimate hobbies has the F-350 for 339.00 and the Hilux for 359.00 with free shipping and no tax. It's the best I can do.

Dale

Is that tax included or just the listed price? I can see why when I was a kid I cannot affort the old 3 spds. The price is without radio and servo gears, ESC, batteries, ball bearings and a few cans of paint, all basci stuff.

How did you get pass Custom when you went home or there is $500.00 limit you can bring back after staying away several days?

The Custom boys at Canada will tax you even if you bought something several years back without declaring it. A buddy on my, his son what taxed on a lap top he took with him to study a few years ago and the Custom guy charged the boy recently why he didn't declare it back than and wanted to fine him as well until the boy answered I was only 13 at the time and didn't know. In the end he was still assessed $30.00 and told he must declare all items purchased while aboard. In one sense Customs are just doing their job and will even check old stuff to see if it were Custom paid.

That includes our GST, and is just for the naked kit.

I ordered mine shipped from Stellamodels, it was so much cheaper at the time due to the exchange rate (not any more!). I only buy radio gear here, as it has to have the appropriate C-Tick compliance stickers on it.

I generally don't have trouble with customs. I've had the occasional item opened for inspection, but that's about it. They normally don't charge customs duty, unless they deem it's a 'commercial quantity'. They don't seem to mind about the occasional kit or three, here and there.

- James

Australia customs is usually more bothered with alien plant & animal products.

I hear Canada customs can (& will) even check your iPod or PC'd HDD for pirated copyright materials.