Sign in to follow this  
type54

Darft Question

Because it literally has a metal top. On the real car the part behind the driver is a metal bodyshell, but apparently Mitsubishi released a soft top version of it as well. This means that the part behind the driver has a metal frame on it with a canvas spun over the frame, creating a 'soft' top, like on a convertible ;)

The thing I couldn't figure out it why it's called Metaltop 'Wide.' Maybe there was a version with wider wheelarches or something, I don't know, but I do find it rather strange :)

The thing I couldn't figure out it why it's called Metaltop 'Wide.' Maybe there was a version with wider wheelarches or something, I don't know, but I do find it rather strange :)

The "Wide" version has wider wheel arches than the one that ... doesn't. ;)

Because it literally has a metal top. On the real car the part behind the driver is a metal bodyshell, but apparently Mitsubishi released a soft top version of it as well. This means that the part behind the driver has a metal frame on it with a canvas spun over the frame, creating a 'soft' top, like on a convertible ;)

thanks for that it makes sense as for the wide bit as i understand it only by working with import pajeros in the past uk shoguns dont come with the plastic arches as standad but the import models do.