Sign in to follow this  
Meakz1973

Calling Expert Painters

Hi guys,

I've been a member on here for a couple of years now and have seem some absolutely stunning paint jobs in that time.

Simensays Winter Camo Wild Willy anyone? probably my all time favourite because of the detail...

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...108&sid=610

Not just this job, some of you guys turn your cars into true works of art

I recently built an NIB Wild Willy from Jason's Store and I just love it.

However ,my painting experience is minimal and while it would surely be an enjoyable and satisfying experience I don't want to shelf anything less than a superb camo job on this WW!

I have several old SS shells, a RR shell and an unbuilt Hot Shot to paint and am happy to practice on those...but the camo seems adventurous.

For this reason, and just because I have seen reference to members painting other members vehicles ( including the simensays WW) I am wondering if any members who are solid painters would be seriously interested in painting my original WW body and driver for me.

Not sure how this works, whether you do it for love and just to see your work exhibited with full credit on TC.com, or if there is a charge? I would like to open dialogue please.

Please let me know, or point me in direction of a man than can! Would prefer to do within TC for the peace of mind and trust factor.

Cheers

Paul

The WWI you posted a link to looks to have more of a weathered paint job more than a camoflage paint scheme. Both are not too difficult to do but can be time comsuming. The wethered looks requires little to no masking, just a light touch while a camoflage paint job can be done with either no masking like the US military used in WWI and WWII or masked for a hard edge like the more modern and some other paint schemes. Lots of photo reference and a bit of time is all that's needed.

One the local hobby stores here caters to the guys that do all the dioramas and stuff. Some detail work they do is unreal. What I am saying is might not be bad idea to find the local hangout or store if there is one and talk to some of thoose guys. I already have 2 or 3 in mind myself to paint my 959 drivers in case the graphics artist doesnt want to get into all that. He said he having fun with it and wouldnt mind painting my drivers. I told him he dont want do them that it was cool.

I used to be big time into messing with model plastic planes and some the stuff to get a weather look is not hard to do at all. Easier and safer too mess around with cheap plastic models and experiement. That kind of look of the one you listed is not exteremly hard to duplicate. Main thing is to have pics for reference vehicles with weathered look or even looking at real cars that look like that. Get that digital camera out and start clicking.

Personally unless your pretty handy with an airbrush I wouldn't tackle anything other than two colours and a straight split as you could be wasting your time.

Try and do a few dummy runs on flat surfaces to see what kind of effects you can get otherwise Id stick to a flat colour.

Painting isn't as simple as somepeople think it is.