Thanks GTodd, did you use the RCC kit to do the conversion? Getting hold of a Stealth transmission in the UK looks tricky.....

I didn't like switching manufacturer for the trans but it's modernized the truck. I drive it nearly every week with zero issues. Haven't driven it this steadily since it was new. Holds up well with my little man driving it too.

When the SA rere comes out I'm going to rebuild my spare chassis and utilize the SA trans so I can experience both. Heck maybe the Kingcab is next now!

I don't believe so, the dyna storm is a somewhat common swap apparently but I've never actually seen one in person or on here .

On 9/7/2018 at 3:19 AM, GTodd said:

I don't believe so, the dyna storm is a somewhat common swap apparently but I've never actually seen one in person or on here .

Ive got a hilux with a DS tranny fitted. Pretty easy mod but you do need to cut the chassis and cut a new sub chassis.

Where are you based out of interest? I'm the guy who designed the 3d printed gearbox, wouldnt mind someone giving it a thrash test in a KingCab.

12 hours ago, steve r said:

I’m based in the UK near Woking & would happily give your gearbox a test. 

Cool, lets give it a go. Drop me a pm :).

Not sure if anyone has done this yet, I got hold of the parts to covert my original TTC to the re-re Super Astute style slipper.

I got the gearbox plate, shaft and inner pressure plate from the Astute and then the DF-03 slipper kit plus a few nuts/screws from my spares box and did the conversion. 

I’m yet to run it but this could be a solution to the King Cab gearbox issues whilst keeping it Tamiya? 

Csn anyone advise on what size pinion to use with the 82T spur? 

Thanks

Edit: Can’t seem to upload pictures?

I finally got round to running this today. It certainly shifts with the ezrun motor powered by a 3300 nicad and no gearbox issues after 3 batteries. Hopefully the re-re super astute gearbox is the solution to the King Cab gearbox issues.

IMG_1149 2.jpg

What Parts (numbers) of the Super Asute do you need to do the Conversion?

I have 3 King Cabs in the House, none of it ready to drive....

Hi,

To convert an original super astute TTC gearbox you'll need the re-re gearbox plate plus the parts highlighted in yellow in the attached picture. If you're starting with a normal astute/king cab gearbox then you'll need to swap the internal gears / diff too but i think the casings are the same.

IMG_1152.JPG