lilman

Truck Meets

all of the meets are for off road.

what about the truckers.

thay cant really go to meets because the trucks are not off road.

some one should start a truck meet.

it would be cool.

London this year

more...

Gaydon vintage truck show

These were all posted in the mettings and events section. They were part of much bigger events involving real trucks.

The next one I'll be at will probably be Truckfest in Peterborough, next may.

Why don't you just turn up and pay your entry fee? Crazy idea, I know but it *might* work :lol:

Seriously though, just pop along I can't imagine there being too much of an issue as to who can and can't go.

do you think u can get me in to them

You just need to sneak a lift in the back of someones artic while they're queuing up at the entrance. Or perhaps hang on to one of the axles underneath.

Mud.

I suppose that if there was enough interest, you could always speak to the organiser of a vintage truck show, and see of they would let you book a club area, which you could corden off, then do demo's with the RC trucks all day??

A lot of organisers love this kind of thing, as it's another attraction for the punters ;)

i go to loads of vintage truck shows in the summer i go with my grandad as he has a collection of about 8 vintage lorries. We go to a show at lincoln showground i took my truck there earlier this year as i knew they had a meet there. The show was on 16/17th August so i presume will be on the same weekend next year. this is a pic of the

thanks, Jordan

2726930830103896500RZxHRQ_th.jpg

Not too far away; Derbyshire. Takes just over an hour to Lincoln. I've got a King Hauler, and Pole Trailer to build at Xmas, so it would be cool to meet some other Truckers.

Not too far away; Derbyshire. Takes just over an hour to Lincoln. I've got a King Hauler, and Pole Trailer to build at Xmas, so it would be cool to meet some other Truckers.

i have the same as you.

but i have a problem it takes 3 hours 41min i live in oxford.

Bummer. Oxford is a fair trip. I've been through that way a couple of times

Any Truckers who could keep Lilman company for a Trucker meet?? Or is the poor guy stuck out there on his own :blink:

Yep lovely to see the meetings but any meeting is not really of much interest for me without one thing. A track (in this case a "road network").

For example ;-

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=12J05kPjJas&fmt=18

(search for videos from the same user, they are simply wonderful, these are meetings mainly in Austria)

In the UK it seems no one much wants a track to run the trucks on a "track" (model roads) which is a great pity. I wonder if it would be difficult to have a vinyl road mat made up (like the play mats that we used to have to run our die cast toy cars on when we were 8 years old), I saw one in B&Q and wanted to buy it just to lie on it and play with my die cast cars. But I'm 34 :P

Cheers,

Alistair G.

I think the problem there is that most people just want to turn up and run what they bought along. It takes a very dedicated person to take the extra time to set up a road network (or race track), who is prepared to turn up first, and go home last............

I know what you mean about those play mats, Alistair, they look pretty cool! That's why I'm into Scalextric as well :lol:

I had an idea last night that maybe we could use a grey carpet (road colour) and then mark it off with white tape (PVC or masking tape painted proper white) for road lines, and yellow tape for yellow lines etc. and use green flocking for railway layouts stuck on with PVA glue in the normal way to make the grass, and make up quite simple plasticard 1:15 scale buildings (in case any Wedico etc. owners turn up with 1:16) such as a petrol station or motorway cafe. Now that would be cool :lol: Grey carpet can be had for 3 quid a square metre... fits onto my Fiesta's back seat when rolled up with seat belt around the roll!

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Also further thought occurs that I could use it on my patio for my own 1:14 trucks for the rest of the year when I'm not attending the meets! Instant road layout!

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Sounds like your volunteering yourself Alistair?? :P

The grey carpet is an excellent idea, although very heavy to move about :blink:

Could always hire the local ice skating rink, and pretend to be Hugh Roland for a few hours!! That could be very funny. I'd give it a go! ;)