Sign in to follow this  
Spatzel

934 Bodykit

Hi,

found a prebuild 934 Body Kit (SP1045) in the bay.My first Question, is this the "real" Spare Body kit for the RC 934? Cause there so much more Plastik Parts and even wheels with brake discs and working suspension etc. Nearly everthing to build a non RC Modell.So a bit much just for a Body Kit or?Next Question is.Will it fit onto the 1/12 rere with some custom Bodyposts?Or use Tamiya some new dimensions for the rere?As far a s i know there are two versions of the new 934s. The expensive 1/10 30th anv. Edition, and the Tamtech 1/12 thing.But both with Lexanbodys.So my idea was that i put the old Sparekit onto the Tamtech chassis (GT01) and have the best of both worlds.Beside that a original chassis is my dream to be more original but unpayable.

So what do you think?Will that Fit or not.

greets

Sebastian

001.jpg

002.jpg

The box is from the body parts set, but the second pics seems to be a static kit. Lucky you though, this is a bodyset from tamiya's first RC Car, and If I remember right the first tamiya RC models had static kit bodies on them :lol:

And I hope for you were not planning to drill holes for the body posts... This is a vintage piece of kit, and why modify it for a GT01 if you already have a detailed lexan body for it?

And as for the original chassis... I think the chassis isn't too expensive... Of course, relatively spoken, yes, it is expensive considering the technology of the chassis, but it should be affordable? :blink: (Not entirely sure though)?

as affordable as a Model-T ford... :blink:

The box above belongs to the bodyparts set for RA1201 (aka Tamiya #1)... looks like it could be the rarer RED bodyset too.

The white plastic shell & plastic chassis, wheels etc belong to the static kit.

RC version's shell comes in green plastic most commonly, red plastic occasionally and black plastic -umm- once in one's lifetime?

Otherwise the shell is all alike, you can build it to fit the original RA1201 chassis.

(RC shell had to be glued together from several parts too)

Static kit is still in production today, was re-run in recent years.

actually i was more curious if the lexan GT01 shell would fit the old RA1201 chassis!! :blink:

Hi,

ok i think we can summarize the following points:

1.Iam proud to have one of the earlyest Tamiya things in my rooms!And it cost me only 70Euros...

2.I see the **** 1/12 Static rere Kit is more exepensive :-)

3. I will not drill any holes into it :-). With custom Body mounts i mean something without holes.As far as i can see the original setting is also without holes.

4.The Kit i have is not complete, so i think i cannot build a nice Static.

5.I think a original Chassis is IS affordable but do anybody know were i can get one?Many Parts are still in the bay but never saw the ground plate i.e.

So what to do now?Static is impossible because there are also some cracked Parts.And statics are soooo...static?:-)

Use it as a RC shell.I need a chassis.Anyone?

And dont forget its the Jaegermeister Kit so what do ya think wich color is the right one?

And as far as i understand that right.I have a rare Kit but the rere, wich comes with the originl decals, is on the way.

So just in time , the kit is not that rare anymore.

But,i think one of the collectors needs is to be unique.So this is also my intention here.

i asume the best option to be unique here is to put it onto a original 934 chassis with Jaegermeister Desing?

greets

ps did i wrote that i need a 034 chassis ? no? i need one! :-)