caprinut

Nikko Dictator

Hey folks!

I have a Vintage Nikko Dictator that needs a triangular wheel hex.

These hex's is triangular like the older Tamiya 4wd buggyes.

But the Nikko one have a spline wheel axle, wheras the Tamiya ones uses a pin throu the wheel axle.

Can anybody help me out to get hold of one Nikko hex?

Need it badly....

Paypal is ready if you have one...

Cheers

Richard

Well, I was able to change the Nikko wheel axle for an TL01 one.

So now I'm gonna hunt down a Tamiya Triangular hex from a Hot Shot, Boomerang etc...

If any of you have wheel hex to spare, let me know..

Cheers

Richard

I'm talking to my self here????

Anyway, I have now converted it to Tamiya triangular hexes, by using TL01 wheel axles.

The only mod I had to do, was to grind down the dovels that goes into the wheel, cause the dovels was to far away form the holes in the Nikko wheels.

But the hex fitted fine as there is a triangular lip/rib on the back of the wheels.

So if your dictator slips on the wheels hexes (two of mine had a bad grip on the splines), you can do this mod cheap if you want your Nikko on the road again...

Cheers!

I'm talking to my self here????

Anyway, I have now converted it to Tamiya triangular hexes, by using TL01 wheel axles.

The only mod I had to do, was to grind down the dovels that goes into the wheel, cause the dovels was to far away form the holes in the Nikko wheels.

But the hex fitted fine as there is a triangular lip/rib on the back of the wheels.

So if your dictator slips on the wheels hexes (two of mine had a bad grip on the splines), you can do this mod cheap if you want your Nikko on the road again...

Cheers!

I have 1 unknown metal triangle wheel hex which has a space for a pin at the back and 3 holes which look like they are for screws? any use to you?

Can't help you but it sounds like you worked out a working solution on your own.

Can you put some pics up of this car pleas, an of your solution ofcourse

Can't help you but it sounds like you worked out a working solution on your own.

Can you put some pics up of this car pleas, an of your solution ofcourse

Sorry this car is long gone...

But it's very easy to do, just grind of the pins of the hot shot triangle hex and put it on your car, then the wheel and job is done...