Mighty flex

Random - Brushless/ Silly Power In A Semi Truck

Guest The_Blue_Dragon

Very expensive when you crash lol

I so want to cut a King Hauler down to one drive axle, loose the sleeper cab and make some styrene side pods and do a racing truck from the ruins!

b9.jpg

Guest The_Blue_Dragon

Nah thats not as expensive as the tamiya rigs lol

Guest The_Blue_Dragon

Wow didnt know FG did trucks. If it was me who crashed I think Id cry my self to death

LOL, the bloke running that truck stuck it in the barrier just there about every 3-4 laps. :P

He was only running for about 5 minutes at a time, then in the pits fixing it, eventually he either gave up or ran out of parts.

... if so did it work? just curious - how funny would a 40 mph knight hauler or globe trotter be!

Is a sick thought...but I like it :) and picking up the pieces afterwards...... with a broom

You can get those shells to put on normal 1/10 on road cars

I think though the actual trucks with a hot motor would be too unstable and would break the drivetrain too often

Not to mention I think they have slipper clutches so after a certain stage more power would just mean more slip

Though an interesting idea none the less

Has anyone ever seen an FG driven well? In my experience they seem to be owned by muppets with too much cash and not enough skill.

Thats exactly what that guy was like with the FG Blacque Jacque posted.

The best site was when he left the track, though the picture of it crunching is priceless :)

Anyway, brushless in a semi truck sounds awesome. Imagine the challenge of driving it if it had the trailer hooked up too!

jack knifed trailers all over the place - i was just thinking, maybe some semi drifting too, If only i had 300 i was able to burn...

and yes Fg drivers do tend to have more money then sense.

Has anyone ever seen an FG driven well? In my experience they seem to be owned by muppets with too much cash and not enough skill.

Obviously never been to a race meeting then. Large scale cars need hot tyres to grip properly, for the first few laps its like driving on ice then when the temp gets right it starts to grip hard and you can realy give it some. You cant beat powersliding a rwd car.

I've got two FG's and I havn't broken anything on either of them yet. It takes balls and skill to put 2000 round a track at 50mph.

I've got a couple of ex large scale national champions at my club that would argue that point. They are also among the fastest 1/10th racers. Go to a large scale race meeting and watch them show you how to drive properly.

Tyre warmers are only used 1/10th tourer drivers who can't keep their cars on the track for the first few laps. ;)