rcjunkie3000

Kyosho Optima Series - What Are They Now Worth?

Yeah, I can't wait to see more pictures too. The Turbo Optima Mid SE is one of my favorites.

I think this topic is exactly what I am looking for!

I am in the oppurtunity to trade a new build TLT or buy an Turbo Optima Mid SE. It is the one on the pics, what do you think this is worth?

15-6-2009012.jpg

15-6-2009013.jpg

15-6-2009015.jpg

15-6-2009016.jpg

15-6-2009018.jpg

15-6-2009019.jpg

15-6-2009014.jpg

It depends. How long has it been run and what parts are missing or need replacing. Just going by the photos with the original box, manual and current condition of the car; no original motor (240ST?). I would have to say $135-$150USD. If you had everything it came with and it had very little wear on the body, tires, chassis and you had the original motor I would say about $250-300USD or more depending on other factors such as a new build or unpainted, uncut body.

Now a NIB Turbo Optima Mid SE is 10X that amount from what I recently gathered. Congrats Retro R/C!

It looks pretty much complete. The good thing is that it has the gear cover, the correct shocks and the motor spacer. These are really tough parts to find if they are missing. I would buy it.

Finally, after many years and a false start - I have em all NIB.

All thirteen Kyosho Optima kits are here with me now.

Their long lost brother joined them from (of all the places on the earth I expected least) - PERU.

MySE.jpg

My Optima collection is complete.

I will take some pics of the whole family together over the weekend.

For those that have been sending me emails and some support over the years - thanks - it has all been well worth it.

Cheers

Darryn

• Like 1

Darryn - let me know when you're going to start building all 13. I'll take a trip out to Oz to help. :(

Finally, after many years and a false start - I have em all NIB.

All thirteen Kyosho Optima kits are here with me now.

Their long lost brother joined them from (of all the places on the earth I expected least) - PERU.

MySE.jpg

My Optima collection is complete.

I will take some pics of the whole family together over the weekend.

For those that have been sending me emails and some support over the years - thanks - it has all been well worth it.

Cheers

Darryn

Hey Darryn.

Now I know why you had a bigger smile than usual on your face on Sunday

Now you need some cash, any chance of parting with the Futaba 2.4????????

Steve

Hey Darryn.

Now I know why you had a bigger smile than usual on your face on Sunday

Now you need some cash, any chance of parting with the Futaba 2.4????????

Steve

LOL - yeah - I was smiling alright - although the stress of making sure it got here safely was doing my head in!!

Thanks for the kind words! :D

Cheers

Darryn

Fantastic collection, this thread really brings back a lot of memories for me as a former Mid Custom owner...

Where do you rank the Turbo Optima Mid Special in rarity/value - I remember it was on the shelf in Canterbury Model Shop for an astonishing price - I think it may have been over £300, and this is back in '88 or so!

If I am going to be totally honest, I would say that for me personally the "Turbo Optima Mid Special" with carbon chassis, two sets of wheels and tires, is by far the most desirable car in the entire Optima series (followed EXTREMELY closely by the Gold limited edition Optima).

Having said that though - by far the rarest kit NIB for me has been the SE. I have 2 come up over the last 5 years alone. Extremely hard to find, mind you - I think it has been longer since I saw Mid Special at all! Those three kits are very very hard to come by and if they go to eBay - expect to see Scorcher type money...there are more than a couple of people wanting these kits.

Man - I just had to go and look at them again. They will be off to storage soon - has been awesome to see them everyday for a week or three.

Cheers

Darryn