Strontiumdog72

Which Transmiter For Brushless Sport Motors?

I've recently bought a TTO1 R34 GT-R Z TUNE Brushless Sport with the LED kit. Very easy to build and ran fine on factory settings but as soon as i fine tuned the very old Futaba attack r controller/trasmiter to the Carson brushless controller, its all messed up! Instead of a smooth transition off speed, it just hits top speed straight away but in reverse it has the gradual speed increase. i've tried every possible set up option including fowards only, battery settings, brake setttings, undervoltage, even controller sensitivity and still no result. Is it time i splashed out on a new controller? I tried a different receiver and another transmiter and still same problem. If anyone else has had the same issue please tell me where i'm going wrong, i'd be most grateful for any advice. jim

Technical info - CARSON DRAGSTER SPORT 906008 CONTROLLER DRAGSTER SPORT SL AND BL MOTOR 12T

Have you got your motor wires the wrong way round?

Sounds like it's working backwards, so you've reversed the signal on the transmitter, but of course the ESC only works like that the other way. Swap the motor wires over, and reverse the direction on the transmitter.

No can do herebemonsters, the motor wires are hard wired straight from the box. There's no possible way of making a mistake there as they are literally soldered. After reading my question back i'm thinking it may have been poorly worded, its a case of it runs fine in the right direction but misses out the slow smooth speed transition and goes straight to top speed. I'd already run it fine on 2 occasions and had no problems, it seems to have developed a fault. I think i'm gonna have to get in touch with the manufacturing company on this one. I'm hoping they will know what to do seeing as they made it! if not then i'll return it to the shop and get a a swap. But thanks anyhow and cheers for trying. jim

But surely you would have had to connect the motor to the ESC when building the kit?

i'd have thought so too but not in this case! It's my first Brushless motor and has 3 motor cables, all silicone black. No more usual pos and neg. To alter brushless motor direction, you just swap any 2 cables over and leave the 3rd! I've bought a pack of 3 gold mini bullet connectors to solder in place once i've sussed out weather i have a fault or not. I'll take some pics and post them in my showroom so you can see how it looks. jim