TenzoR

Tamtech Popularity?

I was talking to my LHS owner and he said the Tamtech he got did not sell very well. He has a RTR Fox for $50 CAD and RTR Ferrari GTO for $129 CAD with no one interested in them. I'm curious to know if it's the same?

Buy one! Or both.

They really are great cars so don't let the small size fool you. Just because they aren't selling like hotcakes doesn't mean they aren't good cars.

Buy one! Or both.

They really are great cars so don't let the small size fool you. Just because they aren't selling like hotcakes doesn't mean they aren't good cars.

I have a Tamtech Porsche myself, but I was definitely tempted to get the Fox.

I've got 2 Foxes and love them. Now I want a Buggy Champ.

And a Hotshot, and a Porsche, Ferrari, Hornet.... ;)

i will take the Ferrari any day! ;)

But i do not agree with the tam tech frog at all. it looks nothing like the proper frog!

I think the problem is that people think the scale is a step backwards. I think they are perfect for running in a medium sized backyard or a small patch of gravel. They can also be used in smaller indoor facilities.

I personally don't like the small size, 1/10 is perfect for me (especially for an offroad car), but I have been tempted to get a 935... It simply looks amazing! ;)

And it really also depends in what country you live, and what kind of area (population density, terrain, etc). I think for example in the Netherlands Tamtech doesn't sell well... They like Nitro (or gas), and often also expensive and big (FG Marder's and FG's big scale touring cars).

In fact, the entire brand of tamiya doesn't sell very well in the Netherlands except for RTR's, especially TT01's. I heard the Dutch importer, Reyne & Zn, makes a mess of their administration. In several LHS's I ordered different parts that should be in stock. One time I received half of the order after 8 weeks, the rest never showed up. On the other orders nothing ever showed up at all at the LHS! ;)

I'm setting up a *gasp* RC10 for winter running but the I love my Porsche as it handles great. It's got a sport tune, aeration dampers and I'm going to grab all the hop ups before it disappear.

What keeps me away is the fact most come pre-assembled (at least the one I want, the Buggy Champ). The construction is half the fun for me. I'm not the norm however. The average RC customer (not the real enthusist we have here), wants big size, big power and they want it right away (hence RTR). In the end it probably is the scale issue which is a shame because they really are fantastic looking little cars.

i love the fact they can run inside during the winter - perfect size / speed for the living room or large kitchen. of course, during nice weather, they get used outsice, but my tamtechs get a lot of use during the long winters. :)

i do wish the frog, hornet, fox weren't identical though. :( i love the bodies, but it would be nice to see some slight nod to their original design like the gb-03 hotshot. it wouldn't have to be a totally accurate copy - i know that would be really difficult and probably not pay, but something maybe...?

still, they are nice little cars.

I'm buying the Buggy Champ/Rough Rider soon!!! :)

Can't wait!!!

Badboy

I'll tell you why they are not popular.

They do not perform. Simple as that. Xray and Associated make excellent minis that perform well. Losi makes good ones too but not as good any more. Why should I spend $70.00 on a Tamtech when I just bought a Xray M18T for $100.00 that performs amazing? Nostalgia sale for me? Nah, thats ok, I'll look to the future and enjoy my mini when I build my indoor track :) I wont be the sucker paying $100.00 for hop up shocks like oople.com.

as a positive, they are good looking. It's a shame Tamiya has been better at looking good than performing good.

I LOVE my Wild Boar Tamtech...I just put a Speed Passion Brushless conversion in it and it HAULS ***!!

A little hard to control though :)

I was talking to my LHS owner and he said the Tamtech he got did not sell very well. He has a RTR Fox for $50 CAD and RTR Ferrari GTO for $129 CAD with no one interested in them. I'm curious to know if it's the same?

TenzoR, are you in Vancouver? which shop is it? the price are very attractive.

TenzoR, are you in Vancouver? which shop is it? the price are very attractive.

I'm in Toronto, Ontario :P

If you are interested, I can certainly get it for you at cost and ship it to you via CanadaPost. Helps my LHS out :)

Which model of Lipo are you running? Are they cheap or expensive? I only got a 1600 mah NiMH and it doesn't last that long :P

I'm using a " Intellect Power 1600mAh 25C Li-Po Battery" with a HobbyWing TekModel brushless system. I get about 30 mins run time with my Li-Po.

If I run it with a 1600mAh NiMH, I can only get about 8 minutes.

Once you go Li-Po, you'll never think about NiMH / NiCD again.

Hey Id be interested in purchasing one of the buggys. How much delivered to Aus?

Ive been thinking about this lipo thing for awhile only problem is I would have to change my chargers as well wouldnt I?

And as for your Hobby tech comment in the other thread, spot on i just checked. These little motors haul B)

Hey Id be interested in purchasing one of the buggys. How much delivered to Aus?

Ive been thinking about this lipo thing for awhile only problem is I would have to change my chargers as well wouldnt I?

And as for your Hobby tech comment in the other thread, spot on i just checked. These little motors haul B)

Yes, you will need to have Li-Po balancing charger in order to charge Li-Po batteries.

Li-Po batteries can not be over discharged or over charged.

learn more about Li-Po batteries by watching "Li-Po University" on YouTube.

I'm in Toronto, Ontario :lol:

If you are interested, I can certainly get it for you at cost and ship it to you via CanadaPost. Helps my LHS out ^_^

Hi TenzoR, I am from Toronto too, may I know what store is selling the Tamtech Fox for $50? Thanks.