dazaa

I Wanted A Project And I Got 2

Check this out, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...:X:eRTM:GB:1123

Seller happilly acepted my offer of 35. Sorry to anyone who was bidding but you could have offered the seller money to end it early.

The celica is going to be a shelfer with the battered celica shell I got off biggus ditchus, and I think theres a technigold in there aswell.

The other car is a grasshopper I think, probably just going to sell it on. Or turn it in to a runner but the vintage radio gear might just go in to my super champ unless I find some more rc gear for it.

Let me know what you think and if anyone is interested in buying the grasshopper make an offer if you want.

dazaa

You got a bargain there! Definitely looks like a technigold in there... <_<

Well it seems the rear arms missing so its not a perfect runner......probably just going to be a shelfer. The grasshopper however will either be sold on as it is, kept as a runner or strip it and clean it up, remove the radio gear and sell it on as a perfect runner.

If you want the grasshopper make an offer, im not looking for much just under what I paid for them both, then I would have a celica thats cost me almost nothing. That would really make up for the super champ and other celica that have cost me too much.

Dazaa

Just been emailed by the seller, they were sent today by PARCLEFORCE!!!! ARGG!!! I have heard lots of bad storys about parcleforce charging crazy prices on delivery of items which is why I specificlly asked the seller to send by royal mail 1st or 2nd class. Should I get ready for a shock when they come? Or what im even more worried about is that if I miss the guy the collection office may not be the royal mail one. They are being sent from in the uk however, so it may be different from the package I had from america were they charged me 20 duty and I had to find the depot which was very far from me.

Dazaa

Just been emailed by the seller, they were sent today by PARCLEFORCE!!!! ARGG!!! I have heard lots of bad storys about parcleforce charging crazy prices on delivery of items which is why I specificlly asked the seller to send by royal mail 1st or 2nd class. Should I get ready for a shock when they come? Or what im even more worried about is that if I miss the guy the collection office may not be the royal mail one. They are being sent from in the uk however, so it may be different from the package I had from america were they charged me 20 duty and I had to find the depot which was very far from me.

Dazaa

Well actually all parcel postage costs are expensive from the UK anyway... I'd say wait till it arrives and just hope he made a small package of it <_<

Don't stress till it arrives - not worth it.

I think it'll be OK - the celica chassis without the shell is pretty compact- I can't see it getting damaged too easily - I would expect the GH chassis to be more vulnerable...

How much do you want for the Grasshopper? You keep the R/C gear!

BTW, I'll get your R/c gear in the post this week Dazaa!

Palfertronic

Well its not the package getting damaged thats worrying me, its the probability of me missing the guy and having to spend ages looking for the collection depot or having to pay some fee on collecting it. As for the grasshopper, its missing the steering servo but all the other radio gear is perfectly good (unless it doesnt't work) and I will probably keep it even if its only good for a shelfer. I may also keep the the motor if its a 380, if not ill leave it in. When I recieve it(hopefully tommorrow) I will stick a steering servo in the gh and take it for a test drive(only indoors incase the msc or reciever go crazy) to see how its handles. As for a price im not sure what to ask as I dont know what condition its in. How about we start at 35 posted? When I get it I will also give it a good clean but wont strip the gearbox. Now I need to get the bits for the celica sorted. Perhaps loaded can help with the rear arm and the little bits with it. Lukily I have a spare yellow 959 wheel. Maybe the wheels are yellow under the silver paint?

Let me know about the gh.

Thanks for the radio gear, do you have my address?

Regards

dazaa

Blimey Dazaa!

I only wanted the bare bones chassis, no gear or motor! remember I dont do vintage radio, I prefer modern stuff!

If you keep the RC gear, and the motor (and the MSC!), I'll take the rest! But not at 35! Don't worry about stripping and cleaning it, I'll do that!

So come up with a realistic price, and we'll do business!

Palfertronic

Palfertronic - you could always buy a brand new Grasshopper I without ESC from Goldstarstockists.co.uk for 44 and I believe that price also includes delivery. A complete car and none of the hassles of cleaning/fixing an old car.

Palfertronic - you could always buy a brand new Grasshopper I without ESC from Goldstarstockists.co.uk for 44 and I believe that price also includes delivery. A complete car and none of the hassles of cleaning/fixing an old car.

I already have a re re! I was going to use this one as a project...

You won't have to pay a fee sent from the uk to a uk destination. The sender pays the fee.

You only pay a fee hen the item has come through customs and theres duty to be paid. Parcelforce pay the duty and charge the receiver both the duty and handling fee.

Right well they came today and lukily somone was in to get them. The grasshopper was covered in dust and mud so I stripped it down and clean everything. There is still abit left in the corners but nothing abit more scrubbing wouldnt get out. The plastic is in nice shape with no breaks apart from the front left arm which has a very small break in it, abit of super glue and it will be fine since there is no stress on that part. That ancient radio gear is somthing I will keep forever since I highly dought I will find some again, the reciever says ACOMS IC and has 3 wires coming out of it rather than the servos fitting in to the reciever, the servo was a normal IS7. The msc is junk as is possibly the motor and pinion. After I reassembled it I wanted to test the gearbox and motor just to see that it runs smoothly. Even though the gears looked new and had no wear when I connected an esc up there was a horrible rough sound and the wheels turned very slowly. It seemed to not have been used for a very long time so its possible the motor is at fault but the sound was definatly from the gearbox, also the pinion is incorrect and from a monster beetle so maybe thats the problem? It up for 25 posted in the uk without radiogear but will throw in the motor and msc. It would make a really nice runner or even shelfer since its in nice condition. It also has super champ wheels with very dangerous nails sticking out of the tires. Probably best to bin them as the wheels look like they are glued to the tires. The celica however needs alot of work. The chassis in very nice underneath and it seems that it was used for a while then crashed and left. The rear left hand arm is broken and the hub and the little bits with it are missing. One of the front steering arms is also broken but easily repaired. The technigold looks to be in very nice condition but I will have to wait until tommorow to test it. There was even a crystal in the reciever but it had been in there so long I had to use pliers to pull it out. The rubber bung was present in both recievers which is a bonus. A quick test of the celica showed an obvious gearbox problem, just like in my other celica the gears were making a horrible crunching sound and 3 wheels were turning very slowly. Probably needs new diffs so I might just buy 2 new gear sets to get both celicas going.

Anyone want the nice clean grasshopper for 25?

Dazaa

Well I stripped the celica down today. Turns out the plastic was really nice under all that dirt. Found afew broken bits but may have a load of celica bits coming which would solve the spares problem. It had also been hit at the front and the gear casing had a small piece missing, altohugh I have a spare I am going to repair this one with 2 washers and see how it holds up. I also found the other front gearcase had a small but noticable crack at the most important place, were it fits in to the chassis. This is easily repaired with a drop of araldite inside. The impact must have been quite hard comsidering the front metal shock stay had bent, but the bumpers showed no signs of impact damage. The rear suspension arm was broken and needs to be replaced along with the hub, thingy that holds the hub to the gear case and driveshaft. The technigold sparked abit and might need new brushes, it also sounded very squeaky which may be the age of the brushes. The gears were like new and had never had any grease apart from the kit white stuff on them. On the whole I would say it was well worth 35. Even with the broken bits which will hopfully be paid for with the sale of the grasshopper. 25 posted in the uk if your interested. If anyone has old celica/959 bits for sale let me know as I want to have at least 5 celicas and 5 959s in the near future. I will be selling afew cars soon to buy me afew more vintage projects.

Dazaa

Sorry but 25 is still a silly price, especially as everyone knows what you paid for the 2 cars combined. Finally this is the wrong forum.

Sorry but 25 is still a silly price, especially as everyone knows what you paid for the 2 cars combined. Finally this is the wrong forum.

well im keeping it now anyway. But I have been searching and it looks more like a hornet which is well worth 25 if I get a shell.

anyone help on the mssing 959 bits?

dazaa

Sorry cannot help on the 959 as all my spares went when I sold my Celica. Definitely a Hornet as the differences between that and a Grasshopper are as follows;

Hornet uses a 540 motor (yes you can fit a 540 to a grasshopper as well and I used to race one like that)

Hornet has a particular style of oil shock whereas the Grasshopper has plastic friction shocks although you could fit the adjustable racing shocks from the original Frog to a grasshopper ( I did that as well)

Hornet gearbox is mounted on a steel rod which is located in D parts brackets (not in Grasshopper kit) and held by trigger springs that allow the gearbox to pivot side to side as well as up and down. The grasshopper gearbox fits onto B10 and B11 brackets (not used in Hornet build- check TC manuals) and only pivots up and down.

I still prefer the Grasshopper even though it's handling is stiff and inclined to roll over on corners.

Enjoy your Hornet, the re re parts are cheap enough and sadly that has killed the value on the originals. I paid about 25 including a full set of radio gear and some batteries for mine a few years back.

My Grasshopper was pricey at 31 and no radio gear. But i wanted an original not a re re.