Cars, Boats n Trains

Vintage Parts And A Bigwig For Sale/trade

I have listed some NIB vintage bits in my trade room including the following:

50284 4wd thrust bearing set 5 including UK postage, add 80p for Europe and 1 for rest of world shipping.

Monster Racer Screw Bag D 2.50 including UK postage, Europe plus 50p and Rest of World plus 80p for shipping.

Boomerang Ball Connector Bag 5 including UK postage, add 80p for Europe and 1 for rest of world shipping.

I am also thinking of selling/trading my Bigwig as it doesn't fit in with the way my collection is going, mainly 2wd buggies which I always had better racing results with over 4wd. Mainly because I could never afford the dearer motors and nicad packs you needed to be competitive in 4wd classes.

Anyway there are a number of new parts fitted including gears, it is fully ballraced and comes with a technigold motor (leads not original though). I haven't run it since buying it a few years ago. The body is fairly tidy and painted black and white which I believe was a Tamiya suggested alternative. The original build manual is included as is the remainder of a B parts sprue which I used B1 and B7 (servo mounts) off to fit the Period Futaba Attack radio gear. The original box for the radio gear is included in this. There is also the remainder of a tool bag which includes the bits not used in the restore. I think I only used servo tape, rubber boots and clips are still present.

If you want more photos other than what is in my showroom PM me for them and a more detailed list of what work has been carried out.

Open to offers price wise for a sale or in terms of a trade I would like any older 2wd buggy I haven't got other than the Falcon/striker/sonic fighter range. Would consider paying any extra if required against any SRB. Particularly keen to get a Wild One.

Would consider a Clod or Jugg2 in a trade as well.

I live in Birmingham, UK and would prefer a central UK based trade and a meet up.

Not sure on a price as I have lost touch with the value of Tamiya cars and all I ever buy are the stuff that no one else seems to want. The Bearhawk has a lot of Falcon parts and I wouldn't be interested in one. I Prefer the older cars like the Frog/Fox or Wild One. Would consider a Schumacher Topcat as I enjoyed racing mine.

Will post a trade item in my trades when I decide on a price.

Wouldn't be interested in trading it for a Kyosho Raider? It's in good nik.....just needs a bit of a clean.

If so, pm me with you email and i'll mail you some images.

Wouldn't be interested in trading it for a Kyosho Raider? It's in good nik.....just needs a bit of a clean.

If so, pm me with you email and i'll mail you some images.

wasnt the raider the one with that beautiful metal chain drive 4wd system and 4wheel steering?

I would be interested in it if its for sale.

btw you dont want a grasshopper for 25 do you? Check my other post on the for sale forum.

Hi Sykojsy,

Thanks for the offer but I am not interested in the raider and I would think a bigwig is worth more than a 1 for 1 swap for a Raider. To b honest I didn't like the raider when they first came out as they were very much a beginners car and very cheap with it. The Ultima is the only decent 2wd drive that Kyosho made. The Triumph was ok but for me it will always be the Ultima.

Hi Dazaa,

Your Grasshopper is a Hornet by the looks of it and sorry but I already have one and and I also have one and a half Grasshoppers. Also got a Fighter Buggy on the way and most of a Madbull. The Kyosho Progress is 4WD and 4WS not sure what others.

Clive

wasnt the raider the one with that beautiful metal chain drive 4wd system and 4wheel steering?

I would be interested in it if its for sale.

Hi Dazaa...no it's only 2wd. But this might be the Turbo version as it's got the metal shocks on it not the plastic spring units.

Clive...i would've put some towards it!