SegaFalcon

Customize An Lb On The Worlds Smallest Budget....

Ive got a budget of wait for it...... zilch. Im flat broke. My Lunchy is well a bit on the soggy side to say the least so I wonder if theres anything I can do thats free or uses some of the parts I do have. Its already Mildly customized with its Paint job, light kit and absence of Sunroof, other than that its stock everything for a repo of course. Parts I have are some Falcon spares and a Annsmann Smacker Chassis with a 21t Motor fitted. I also have a spare 15t but I doubt the LB will get on with it considering its got the **** stock suspension and Tamiya's base ESC.

Left over from a Nitro Ive got for black wheels although the tyres are fairly worn (Burnouts = Fun). I can fabricate some stuff.

So you guys think you can help?

i had a think about it, and came to the conclusion that you may be nuts.

not much you can do really, you could wash it, thats free, isn't it?

I did a fair bit to "improve" mine without spending any money - home customised stickers, lowered the front end by putting small bits of tube on the protruding ends of the front shock rods, stiffened the front end by adding extra cut down springs, third shock mod on the back end, and a driver & "interior" made of plastic sheet, a short section of aerial tube, a couple of screws, zip ties, insulation tape & an old Star Wars figure :blink:

Edit - http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...67&id=26162 :D

The Falcons not dead, its my fastest electric with its 15t motor but its just not the best for winter weather, thats why Ive started looking at my Lunchy again. Ive got a few oil shocks spare but I really want to avoid cutting into the Chassis where possible, if youve got the bits for the suspension conversion going spare I might take them as I never got the ones a mate owed me. Dont really want to do stickers either as the Custom paint took hours to do and it would be a shame to cover it.

I can trade my spare 15t for a 19t as my esc should be able to take it, the 15t is unused since I got it from Time Tunnel early this year.

No more suggestions :) ? Seems no one wants to swap for my 15t either, Never Mind Ill just have to run stock as I dont have a spare ESC with a 15t Limit.Ive put spacers on the Suspension so now its a little stiffer

just last week did willy's fastest ever resto on a VLB... mainly on handling mods too

1) tossed the swingaxle springs & installed 5th springy shock (came off a TL01, cost $0)

2) added 2 1150 bushings to the top of front shock shaft screws to lower the car (cost $0)

3) stuffed the tyres with strips of 2" thick foam (if you salvaged a chair cushion it'll cost $0)

Repaired drivetrain, checked full bearings, repaired broken servo mount... then stripped paint for a snazzy paintjob & added a Mr.T voicebox.

DSC05080-1024.jpg

The tyres is something I can do, I really dont want to cut the Chassis though to do the shock mod incase I want to revert back to stock. Ive got no spare 1150 bearings though only the crappy plastic Bushings.

you don't cut the chassis to do 5th shock... just needs 1 3mm hole to screw the top mount

need to cut a slot in the gearcase just wide enough to fit the shocks bottom mount through,

not exactly end of the world there... new hornet gearcases are plenty available everywhere.

Dremel would make it much easier to cut slot but i used a hobbyknife and file.

above project took 48hrs... most of that spent paintstripping :)

what's your idea of "improving" anyways? what are you trying to achieve?

Being able to blast through the dirt without flipping or scuffing my paintwork and having an appearence that fits aswell. Atm the Vans mostly dark colours with yellow wheels and no sunroof glass present. I think I might know where Ive got a spare 21t Motor so I might be sorted there too, Just the Handleing problem as my Idiot friend never gave me the kit for converting it to oil shocks. Basically I just need the Brackets as Ive got 4 spare oil shocks albiet yellow ones.

21t is now in, cant test it as it appears there isnt enough power in my Batteries to work the Transmitter to test it. Now have another 540 to add to my spares bin.

So anything else I can do? My drill appears to be dead and Ive got no bits small enough left so the 5th shock is currently out of the question.