Sign in to follow this  
WillCarter

Lunchbox Build Problems

Hi all, I've just started my first ever Tamiya build (a re-issue Lunchbox) but I've stumbled across a couple of problems. Now I know they're probably obvious but yeah, I can't work it out lol. The first is, I'm trying to attach the motor assembly to the rear axle/gearbox. The problem is, the long screws (BA4) are too narrow for the holes on the motor (which don't seem to have threads anyway). Am I missing something or is there actually something wrong? The second problem is, the wheel for the wheely bar doesn't seem to exist, its labelled as D10, but my 'D' parts only go up to 8. I really hope its me thats done something wrong, so please let me know. :)

Thanks

-Will

Motor Mount/Adaptor...

Put the 2 3mm plain nuts into the deep holes, then bolt the plastic blob to the motor with short M3x8mm screws.

Then bolt the blob to the gearcase with the 2 long M3 screws into the 2 plain nuts inserted previously.

Wheel...

Is there a 12mm grey plastic bushing in the hardware bag? should have a 5mm hole, about 5mm wide

The first problem does sound like you have missed fitting the nuts and/or the plastic spacers to hold them in place in the adapter plate before bolting it to the motor.

The D parts go up to 12, it's just not all on the same sprue. The D parts include the sprue with the lower shock ends and the battery tray/ bottom chassis plate.

Right, thanks to the tips above the chassis is now complete, so I now just have a couple more problems to fix. The first is lining up the front wheels, how do I do this? There are instructions in the but I can't figure them out. Second thing is, when I switch it on, the motor seems to rev and rev but not a lot else, I'm guessing I must have wired something wrong? Finally, should the rear where the Gearbox/Axle is be more solid? It is constantly attached but it 'flops' down when lifted up causing the springs to pop off.

Thanks

-Will

P.S. Pictures can be provided if needed.

To algin the wheels you need to adjust the track rod ends, and the Motor is mounted wrong. To sort that just fit it the other way up and test fit first to make sure of gear contact.