Sign in to follow this  
snowmiu19

Bush Devil Ball Bearings

Hello there,

Can anyone tell me what are the measurements of the hopups ball bearing for the bush devil and the amount of them needed?

Im trying to source from a local bearing supplier. They asked me for the dimension, thickness, diameter and inner diameter in mm

Thanks

regards

Calvin

Hello there

Another question here.

Is there any compatible shocks from Tamiya in the market right now that can work on the Bush Devil?

Im looking for something like oil dampers instead of the stock "air shocks"

regards

Calvin

Tamiya CVA Short shock set is the listed hop-up for the Bush Devil, part number 50520, you will need two sets.

Or keep an eye on Ebay for Monster Beetle shocks (which are the same thing)

For bearings you need 12 off 1150 type bearings, 11mm od,5mm id,4mm wide. Unless your bearing supplier is VERY competitive, you are unlikely to get them anywhere near as cheap as you can from Ebay with 1150's at around 50 pence each,although commercially supplied bearings will be of better quality than the cheap ones from Ebay.

Have a look at the manual here:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/manual.asp?id=101

It's hard to beat joaquims bearing prices on ebay and they are high quality ABEC rated items not cheap chinese knock offs. There are hundreds of his bearing sets in use by TC members and is the only place I get my bearings from.

His ABEC3 rated bearing sets are as cheap as you can get. He doesn't seem to have any ABEC5 rated bearings in right now though.

Oil dampers do make a great deal of difference to the handling of a Bush Devil, mine is so much more controllable now.

bearings are 5x11 and 4" will work

Thanks for the bearing tips you all..... so i need 12 of those sizes right?

Regards

Calvin