Sign in to follow this  
Lonestar

Need A Joint...

Hi guys

I am after an easily obtainable part for a project of mine - tha would be an articulated shaft with a dogbone on one hand (typical size, like any of the "standard" tamiya 10th scale runners) and a yoke that can be fixed to a 5mm shaft with a flat spot on it. Problem is, total length should be about 85mm... not sure of any stock part long enough to do the trick...

Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

Paul

Tricky, an SRB / Pajero uni will sort out the joint end with 5mm ends, but a Manta Ray or Brat dogbone is only around 4mm dia, you would need a 0.5mm strip of shim to make it run true.

I suspect something like a Clod propshaft might have too large a drive pin for your application ?

How about a Hi-Lift diff shaft ?

Hi Both

thanks for the help - this is exactly the kind of stuff i'm looking for, and as I'm planning to use it on a TLT-1 the base is absolutely perfect... problem is, it's a lengthened TLT-1, so stock replacement will be too short.

Hi-lift ones? How long are they?

Thanks for the help, gentlemen :lol:

Paul

Hi-lift ones? How long are they?

No idea, I don't have a Hi-lift, but looking at the pic in the manual I would guesstimate the longer shaft at about 85mm on it's own, combine that with a regular SRB universal & they will surely be longer than you need so you should be able to cut it down to suit your application.

No idea, I don't have a Hi-lift, but looking at the pic in the manual I would guesstimate the longer shaft at about 85mm on it's own, combine that with a regular SRB universal & they will surely be longer than you need so you should be able to cut it down to suit your application.

Hi Russ

thanks for the help - will investigate that one, although I'm worried this will blow up my budget by quite a bit (every time I read SRB, my waller shivers haha)

a stock off the shelf part would be much better tbh. I checked a friend's hi-lift this weekend, and it's got two universals... not working for my project :/

Thanks

Paul