Singapore_959

Instead Of A Re-re, I'd Rather Tamiya.....

...put out an good R/C bag in Tamiya colours :angry: based on or licenced from the TeamMagic 1/8 scale one.

I actually contacted TM to make one in Blue/Red/white for me, but the min order was 500 units!

And you?

Wish they would make me head of development/ testing :angry:

Failing that a new 3 speed that isn't american, and has a hard body. Something like a UN Nissan Patrol would be cool.

Build a modified rear bulkhead for the DF03 chassis with a premounted 7 volt fan right over the motor!

Oh and abandon all phillips head screws

Guest The_Blue_Dragon

Id have to say to stop making the limited edition chrome models because I think they are ugly and make a new truck and more accessories

I'd rather Tamiya cast some of these modern gearbox casings in alloy. All metal DF03 (would be my favourite modern Tamiya gearbox design)... metal gearcases double as a heatsink for the motor as well. This is what attracts me most to the SRB chassis, gearboxes that don't flex (or stretch) when you bolt in some power.

I'd like to see them make undertrays/inner gaurds for rally cars too. You spend ages making the body look all nice just so you can sand blast the inside of the body shell with rocks and dirt straight off the wheels. Inner gaurds would prevent the tub from filling with dirt too and still allow enough air space around the motor for cooling (unlike the TB01 interior).

Bring back the cockpit sets! Or even better... Detailed car-specific interiors.

The chassis components are now all sitting low enough to make for some very realistic interiors.

I'd like to see a 'super scale detail' RC series, with chassis that closely matches the actual car.

Imagine a Ferrari Enzo or Ford GT in 1/10 or even 1/8 RC, with chassis components that closesly matches the real car, with detailed interior, photo etch parts, opening doors, engine cover, aluminium suspension components, etc. Or make that Caterham model RC! Like an RC Pocher model. I know it'd never happen though, would be way too expensive...

- James

...completely and promptly lose the notion that Fisher Price pogo sticks and plastic bushings belong in ANY Tamiya kit - let's hear it for oil shocks and ball bearings!

Failing that a new 3 speed that isn't american, and has a hard body. Something like a UN Nissan Patrol would be cool.

I pretty much wish the same here... I'd love to work at the development/testing department of tamiya, or work as a designer for the 'fantasy' cars - Buggies and such.

As a head of development I would still be tempted to release the Skoda Fabia WRC and the 2004 Ford Focus WRC :angry: Not because they were so popular, simply because Tamiya has had a pale WRC collection over the last few years...

1) ... release a proper, race-ready 2WD offroad buggy with modern buggy wheels (read AE/Losi) compatibility.

2) on the other end of the spectrum... release a 4WD off-road truck, but a mid-to-hi-perf one, basically make us an HPI RS4 MT with two stars on the box and a cool looking shade!

Paul

I agree how about a series landy or a bowler

...completely and promptly lose the notion that Fisher Price pogo sticks and plastic bushings belong in ANY Tamiya kit - let's hear it for oil shocks and ball bearings!

:angry::D:D

Guest The_Blue_Dragon

Id love them to do a car transport trailer

Id love them to do a car transport trailer

Great idea!!!

But wher do we found 1/14 scale cars for it?

I would go for static model Sand Scorcher and Rough Rider in 1/24 or 1/12 scale!!!

(not model of the RC but the real thing)

Badboy

Failing that a new 3 speed that isn't american, and has a hard body.

So the Toyota Hilux is an American specific model then??? Ok, not new, but it isn't American.

2) on the other end of the spectrum... release a 4WD off-road truck, but a mid-to-hi-perf one, basically make us an HPI RS4 MT with two stars on the box and a cool looking shade!

Paul

What about the Nitro Crusher?? It is similar to the HPI truggy, but perhaps more mid performance, then mid > high.

I can't wait till they bring out a well spec'd chassis, ie TA05IFS, Audi R8 &/or Bugatti Veyron. And how about an Aston Martin????

Guest The_Blue_Dragon
Great idea!!!

But wher do we found 1/14 scale cars for it?

Ive seen afew on ebay

So the Toyota Hilux is an American specific model then??? Ok, not new, but it isn't American.

No but a non american truck would be good because there aint many.

Something like an E-Savage. A decent offroad truck with bags of performance, well built and ready to go straight out the box.

Maybe some more old school bodies for touring cars as well...

Something like an E-Savage. A decent offroad truck with bags of performance, well built and ready to go straight out the box.

Maybe some more old school bodies for touring cars as well...

Perhaps a performance version of the Wild Dagger or Clod axled truck/buggy??

Give me a DB9 Racer body for tourers :)

Come on Tamiya, it is time for a 1/10 2WD TRF Race spec buggy and truck.. We have a 4WD winner in the stable.

I think the hilux hi-lift version was a U.S. only spec, you certainly never see/saw them in the UK just the standard large wheel version and standard pickup etc unless it was a custom home conversion etc. Although I may be wrong.

Give me a DB9 Racer body for tourers :)
They will have to go some to beat the Kyosho ones - that one is gorgeous.

I'd rather Tamiya cast some of these modern gearbox casings in alloy. All metal DF03 (would be my favourite modern Tamiya gearbox design)... metal gearcases double as a heatsink for the motor as well. This is what attracts me most to the SRB chassis, gearboxes that don't flex (or stretch) when you bolt in some power.

I'd also like to see more metal parts in general for example suspension components or axle casings especially for cars that will inevitably get a solid bashing like Stadium and Monster Trucks. For those who dont want to pay the higher purchase price maybe a metal component variation could be offered at a higher price than the basic kit. I know companies like Thundertech make some metal add-ons but these can be hard to obtain depending on where you live.

1) ... release a proper, race-ready 2WD offroad buggy with modern buggy wheels (read AE/Losi) compatibility....

While there are many things Tamiya could do that would be popular a modern 2WD TRF buggy would be on the top of my list! But it would not be alone at the top. A scale RC model of the Benz Patent from 1886 - Genesis! Although it would most probably require a lot of metal (and wooden) parts.

On a more down to Earth note, a Mercedes 540 K, 300 SL (Gull wing), Jaguar E-Type, Jaguar XK-140 and some other cool bodies would be great. Such wishes might even come true.

Instead of trying to beat Associated and Losi at their own game with a competition-level 2WD, I'd rather see a new, modern rollcage/tube frame buggy, in the spirit of the Rough Rider/Wild One/Fast Attack, but with the benefit of 25 or 30 years of materials and chassis development. The modern sand-rails are things of beauty, and I'd love to see a scale version of one. And it needn't be metal; after all, they are the Tamiya Plastic Model Company...

And whoever said "bring back interiors," I agree, but I'd rather not have driver figures be mandatory. Just a personal preference. But a better scale version of certain cars, complete with interiors and mirrors and wipers and light buckets and everything, is something they could do better than just about anybody. I'd buy one. It would make a great project, nice and intricate and time-consuming.

Nailed it!!

Bring back the cockpit sets! Or even better... Detailed car-specific interiors.

The chassis components are now all sitting low enough to make for some very realistic interiors.

I'd like to see a 'super scale detail' RC series, with chassis that closely matches the actual car.

Imagine a Ferrari Enzo or Ford GT in 1/10 or even 1/8 RC, with chassis components that closesly matches the real car, with detailed interior, photo etch parts, opening doors, engine cover, aluminium suspension components, etc. Or make that Caterham model RC! Like an RC Pocher model. I know it'd never happen though, would be way too expensive...

- James

Nailed it!!

Nailed it!!

Instead of trying to beat Associated and Losi at their own game with a competition-level 2WD, I'd rather see a new, modern rollcage/tube frame buggy, in the spirit of the Rough Rider/Wild One/Fast Attack, but with the benefit of 25 or 30 years of materials and chassis development. The modern sand-rails are things of beauty, and I'd love to see a scale version of one. And it needn't be metal; after all, they are the Tamiya Plastic Model Company...

Nailed it!!

You guys said what I was thinking :blink:

Base on the existing parts available from Tamiya's part bins, it can come out with a dually pick up truck or some 6x6 truck from WWII era. I just don't see or aware of any RC mfger having anything like it. Lots of buggies, sedans and PU, and are all geared more towards performances rather than scale.

Also, Tamiya is not into boats (do they still make sail boats?), I think Tamiya can put out a hydrofoil boat, I know it has been done before, but with Tamiya attention to detail and the current motor and battery technology it could generate more interest over your typical speed boats or battle ships and don't have to worry about copy right....

Lets hope the devlopment team, the marketing team and manufacturing team at Tamiya can work together and come out with a new RC model that will wake the Industrial up or at least get the interest of Tamiya RC fans.