Singapore_959

Instead Of A Re-re, I'd Rather Tamiya.....

for all kits, provide better quality oil shocks, full bearings, sport tuned motor (at least?),

nicer rims and better tires, composite plastic, pre-cut body shells and stickers, illustrated

box art, better car names.

i'll be more than happy :blink:

Some interesting thoughts here!

First-up, I really think Tamiya needs to rethink their electric stadium truck platform. The Dualhunter is an OK entry-level RC, but they have nothing to compete with the E-Maxx or E-Savage. My 14.4v Dagger tears itself to pieces every time I run it, average run-time is about 60 seconds before something breaks; in comparison, the E-Maxxes that I bash with just seem to go on and on and rarely take critical damage even from massive impacts. Tamiya - we need a well-set up dual motor stadium truck, supplied with hot motors or brushless, for a price that can compete with the E-Maxx. Please!

Personally I'd really like to see some scale-looking buggies. The current range of 4wd bashers are great for bashing or racing - DF03, DB01 etc - but there's nothing that looks scale. Please Mr. Tamiya, give us some scale buggies. I know they might not be as stable or well-handling as the low-COG racers, but sometimes we want to build something that looks real.

Now that Tamiya has a new rally chassis, I hope we'll see some more rally cars. Some historical classics would be nice but I expect Tamiya's marketting plans lie with current models - that's good too. It's nice to buy a car that we've seen on telly bouncing over gravel and expect it to do the same, unlike the batch of rally shells on TT01 chassis that we've had recently...

I also agree on interior kits and drivers for touring / rally cars. Personally I think a range of univeral kits (street, circuit, and rally) that can be made to fit almost any 1:10 shell would be great. I can even think of some basic plans for a universal lexan or similar pan that can be cut and glued to suit 2-seater or 4-seater shells.

I'm sure there's more I'd like to buy if it was available, but for now, that's my wishlist :blink:

I'd like to see Tamiya save the feeble British economy and bring Sterling back up to the 200yen mark.

The 35% increase in the cost of RC stuff is going to knock a lot more people out of the hobby than the lack of a cockpit set or cast axle housings!

I think the hilux hi-lift version was a U.S. only spec, you certainly never see/saw them in the UK just the standard large wheel version and standard pickup etc unless it was a custom home conversion etc. Although I may be wrong.

I think that is where Tamiya was going with the HL Hilux, a hopped up one. One that is neither US or European.

They will have to go some to beat the Kyosho ones - that one is gorgeous.

That is where I got the idea :( .. I loved it so much I took a pic of a Inferno GT DB9 racer at a big On-Road nitro race this past summer. Imagine all these GT's with different bodies racing at the same time- Beautiful!

dsc02040vi9.jpg

Off topic but...

The Kyosho 1/10 DBR9 looks even better.

post-1332-1228907370.jpg

need one, want one, must have one! where can i get these shells from terry?

its ok, found it!

Off topic but...

The Kyosho 1/10 DBR9 looks even better.

post-1332-1228907370.jpg

OOHH MY :angry: , gotta get one for my TG10

I'd like to see Tamiya save the feeble British economy and bring Sterling back up to the 200yen mark.

The 35% increase in the cost of RC stuff is going to knock a lot more people out of the hobby than the lack of a cockpit set or cast axle housings!

ditto, you know things are bad when its cheaper to buy a 1/14 truck from over here... the price of the F103-R wasnt exactly appealing either... :)

Hmm, now that is a good question. As I'm a scale fan, I'd like to see more scale stuff really. That Caterham body would be a dream: yeah you'd need a dustpan and brush to pick the bits up once you'd over-cooked it on that corner right near the kerb, but hey, maybe you'll be more careful next time!!! I've always been a big fan of military stuff, so how about a Stalwart or maybe a Gama Goat, or a Willys Jeep (scale this time), Landrover 101, a 'deuce and a half' US army M35 truck would be very cool, a Bedford 4 tonner also and as for a scale r/c Dragon Wagon (WWII US tank transporter).................................................................sorry, had to have a quick lie down to recover!!!

OK, shutting up now

Mike

Well for me its time to go back to when you could open kit boxes and relish in the thought that somebody has hand packed the contents with care........NOT JUST THROWN EVERYTHING IN, TURN THE BOX UPSIDE-DOWN AND SHAKE IT A FEW TIMES, JUST TO MAKE SURE!!! The RE-RE Hotshot was really neatly packed but with some newer kits you dont even get a divider now.

I second the plastic bearings and friction shocks thought, and the names for most new kits are getting silly now. (Durga? Baldre? Neo Falcon?)

Plus, anybody else falling in love with any latest kit, only to find out its just a new shell, dropped on to yet another tt01/df02 chassis?

Stop fitting an already available chassis with upgrades which should be included as std anyway, and releasing it ,just as people have bought the previous model. (tt01,tt01R,tt01d TT01E!!)

Maybe even ditch the std 540 motor altogether and supply the sports-tuned instead?

Think thats it for the moment!

Kind Regards

KingPin

Now that Tamiya has a new rally chassis, I hope we'll see some more rally cars. Some historical classics would be nice but I expect Tamiya's marketting plans lie with current models - that's good too. It's nice to buy a car that we've seen on telly bouncing over gravel and expect it to do the same, unlike the batch of rally shells on TT01 chassis that we've had recently...

Rally cars are my favorites for a couple of reasons, but with the recent withdrawal of both Suzuki and Subaru from WRC, I hope Tamiya doesn't feel compelled to stick to cars currently in the series. And my 2 cents for this thread, I'd rather see a rereleased 959 than a bag with a silkscreened Tamiya logo. Heck, I'd rather see an XB RTR Bear Hawk, but maybe that's just me.

I would love to see a a "modern" Sand Scorcher. I would liken it to the comparable differences between the Bruiser and the HIghLift Hilux. Something to bring back that nastalgic feeling with that classic shell, but also would be extremely scale, (not that the original isn't), but would have all-new engeneering.

If not that, how about a Tamtech Sand Scorcher Or High Lift?