Sign in to follow this  
tamiya_89

hornet grasshopper

I was looking in the vintage review section (very nice[;)]) but what i discovered was that the hornet and grasshopper have a differrent kind of rear suspension. It looked like the hornet could also lift one tire at the time were the grasshopper could only lift the complete axel. Could someone tell me if the grasshopper rerelease is going to get hornet rear suspension or just like the old grasshopper? I personlly hope that it gets rear suspension like the hornet. Is it difficult to upgrade grasshopper to hornet suspension. I would like to buy either a hornet or a grasshopper new. I like the looks on the grasshopper more than the hornet only it seems like the grasshopper is the "loser" of the two in terms of performance. [|)]

Thnx Jasper

No one knows for sure yet, but there are sure to be pictures of the rear end on Tamiyas site in a few day once the show where these are being announced opens.

If I was you I'd buy a Hornet now and then simply buy a Grasshopper body set (and paddle tyres if you wish) when they inevitably become available on ebay after it's release.

That way you get the better equipment of the Hornet along with a choice of either the Hornet or Grasshopper shells!

Another benefit is you can get the car now and start using it rather than having to wait, counting down the days until the Grasshopper comes out![:D]