Sign in to follow this  
astroboycp

Tamiya's Battle Unit

I like what I see so far -congrats! How does the new battle unit handle multiple hits? IE I shoot a sherman but the tiger behind it takes a hit too.

Thank you,

Sean

Dear Sean,

thank you for your kind words, it has been a long and time consuming undertaking to totally understand from the best.

As this is a Tamiya specified forum, we would like to keep it "clean" and not to over advertise products that are in competition with Tamiya.

if one understood the characteristic of Infra Red, it will react and response the same to any kind brands.

If two or more targets are in-line-of-fire (IR Emitter Beam) + within the scan beam of the IR emitter + within the energy range of the IR emitter, all targets meetings any of the 3 conditions will register a hit.

IMPACT Battle Unit uses a narrower scan beam emitting IR LED (about 5% lesser than competition, actual figure is confidential). From our data, at a range of more than 20m, one has to take a good aim to register a hit on the target.

The only way register a sure one-shot-one-hit status, the emitter beam must be changed to a much more directional beam, for example laser-type.

But that will not be possible, because it will not pass any acceptance from any Country's authority.

So will you be coming out with the MFU too? Hopefully it will be affordable?

yes, working on that and "those" too.

With many more functions, that is more realistic in IR Battling.

What is "those"? Care to elaborate abit? That is good news as got a few projects definitely can use it as getting original MFU too ex leh?

What is "those"? Care to elaborate abit? That is good news as got a few projects definitely can use it as getting original MFU too ex leh?

As IMPACT would like to keep this forum "as Tamiya as possible", it would be better not to elaborate on products that are in competition.

You can always check our progress at

http://www.rcabs.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0

Thank you

I think that a DMD/MFU product that is affordable will be a pretty big success with those of us that have more projects than electronics for them! I am a member of the IMPACT forum and cannot wait for that announcement. :)

Thanks for all your help with the fantastic parts you produce!

I think that a DMD/MFU product that is affordable will be a pretty big success with those of us that have more projects than electronics for them! I am a member of the IMPACT forum and cannot wait for that announcement. :)

Thanks for all your help with the fantastic parts you produce!

Dear Panther F,

thank you for your support.

We equally love your artistically creative logo of "I Love Tamiya".....very nice......

One cannot stop to praise and admire the creativity and innovation of Tamiya. Their products are very educational, intelligent, well designed and worth the money.

(Of course, there are some real poor products like the 1/16 Panther)

Specially when IMPACT people are tank people, we do really admired the innovation of Tamiya's DMD, MFU and TBS. Tamiya dominated the market since year 2000, and they really do deserve it.

Anyone that try to excel in this 1/16 tank market, always uses Tamiya as a reference and comparison to be first in place.

In IMPACT's opinion, no has replaced Tamiya's unshakable position yet.

IMPACT can never be even close to Tamiya, let alone beat them. But we do enjoy every bit playing with Tamiya's 1/16 tanks, and in the process improve upon it.

We would really hope to see more progress in their already wonderful products.

IT does not really matter if tamiya is tops or not. IMPACT and companies like IMPACT fill the gap for providing us ways to make our non-fulloption tanks and other tanks -battle ready with sound. Other than the Panther, Tamiya has come out with some great tanks -but- has refused to come out with some other ones (see T34). With IMPACTs products, I can take another companies tank and put it on par with my current ones for a decent price.

Dear Panther F,

thank you for your support.

We equally love your artistically creative logo of "I Love Tamiya".....very nice......

Oh ... the avatar? I cannot take credit for it. After submitting the 2 that were declined, I settled for this until I can come up with my own.

I figured this one would get accepted right away! :lol: