Cars, Boats n Trains

Potenza Tyres?

Hi,

I just received a Fighter Buggy RX that I won on Ebay on the rear it has Bridgestone Potenza tarmac tyres fitted to the original Fighter Buggy wheels. Anyone know what make the tyres are and where I can get some more?

Cheers

Clive

I know HPI make some Potenza tyres for their drift cars, for scale realism, so maybe they also make buggy tyres? Have you had a good look to see if there are any brand markings?

While on the topic, I had a set of Potenza S-02 tyres on my 1:1 car and those things offer unbelievably tremendous grip! Driving in the wet with them was like driving in the dry on average tyres

^^^ yep same here. thats why they're OE on a lot of exotics..

although funnily enough, bridgestone's are not used by many 1:1 drifters as they tend to delaminate when drifting...

No RC brands on them at all, I even turned them inside out to look inside. All that is on them is " Bridgestone Potenza 320/35/20.G" At least I think that last digit is a G. Could they be Kyosho? I have the HPI Yokohama truck tyres and they clearly state HPI Racing on the side walls. The tyres look like the low profile tyres from the Tamiya XC lowrider set. Anyone got that set who can confirm what is on the sidewall of the tyres.

Bridgestone Potenzas are Kyosho tyres, Kyosho have been using Bridgestone on their buggy tyres and slicks since 1985.

The 2" diameter slicks you have on Fighter Buggy wheels used on the saloon and sports cars based on the Mid and Ultima chassis from the early 90s. The part number for the tyres is W5055.

Bridgestone Potenzas are Kyosho tyres, Kyosho have been using Bridgestone on their buggy tyres and slicks since 1985.

The 2" diameter slicks you have on Fighter Buggy wheels used on the saloon and sports cars based on the Mid and Ultima chassis from the early 90s. The part number for the tyres is W5055.

Thanks Terry, I thought I recognised them but couldn't think where.

a search for Kyosho W5055 will reveal many shops that can order them for you. Kyosho still has stocks of these tyres. Be aware that these tyres will only fit on older 2" buggy rear wheels, not on newer 2.2" wheels or touring car wheels.