Sign in to follow this  
WayneS

84 Hornet Vs Re-re Parts

What parts on the 84 are mainly 84 specific and different on the re-re.

I think the chassis, decals and looks like the white bits are different material?

Anyone have picture showing the difference between parts?

I would like to have a clean representation of the Hornet, I had when I was a kid for the shelf. Then use a re-re to run.

These seam right so far?

Re-re chassis does not have the cut out all the way for the hump battery. Cut out on the 84 was all the way to red?

rerechassis.jpg

The re-re kit came with what looks like the Lunchbox B-tree. The front of the transmission does not have the tab to line the transmission with the chassis. Arrow in 2nd picture is pointing to this tab.

re-reBtree.jpg

btree.jpg

That bottom B tree was shared with the Grasshopper.

The earliest Hornets did have that tab. The later original run Hornet gearbox parts I think didn't have that tab.

- James

Now this is strange! I have just checked my re re grashopper and my cut and shut hornet, and the GH does have the tab! but the Hornet doesnt..and the hornet gearbox is new, cos the old one was broken. i have thrown the old g/box away (sacriledge I know!) so I cant make any comparison... The re re kit is pretty authentic though, I find the parts are interchangeable between new and old, so its not so different!

The earliest Hornets did have that tab. The later original run Hornet gearbox parts I think didn't have that tab.

- James

you're right. I bought a hornet back in 1989. the gearbox didn't have that tab.

Anyone have scans of the 84 and re-re decals? I have pics but they are from other sites and have not asked permission to use them.

Every sponsor decal except 2 Tamiya ones are different between the sheets.