Sign in to follow this  
jocktheglide

only tamiya or other manufacturs you buy?

just curious how many folks here only buy tamiya stuff over the other manufactuers RC. I know once i got the tamiya bug by building my first tamiya kit the TLT I couldnt help, but buy more tamiya kits this leaded me into undrestanding the bruiser and then wanting one even though it was not my era of rememberance. I have since sold my traxxas stuff to get more tamiya kits to build and look at and run.

I love all my Tamiya kits, even the ones I no longer own; my first kit ever was a Hornet back in '83 or '84 ...somewhere around that time. I'm not a tru loyalist though. I bought a Team Losi xxx-4 Graphite Plus a couple months back and WOW!!! It just kills the HotSHot I used to race as a kid (as one would expect). Just an aawesome car! Still, I currently have 4 Tamiyas and the one Losi ...and an Associated TC3 that I'm getting rid of. [:)] ...I really want a TXT for a craler and a TNX for uber-bashing! [:D]

3/4 of my car's are tamiya's but its nice to own other make's as even the mighty tamiya can make some right stinker's!!

I mainly collect Tamiyas and have a couple of Kyoshos in the collection also. The cars i race and have raced are: Panda nitro, Tamiya, Associated, Kyosho, Academy, Traxxas, HPI, Schumacher, HoBao nitro.

The makes i have, but NOT have raced are: Robbe (Pantera). Thunder Tiger Silver Fox, and a couple of TTech predators..

Guess, the cars i like.

And, looking at my main intrest, trucks,

imho, those tamiya trucks just look better over robbe & wedico,

more "flimsy"

(oowww, gonne get flamed for that one)

I like motorbikes, so got me the kyosho bikes & a thunder tiger.

Also a growing point of intrest are the tanks,

don't like the bandai 1/15's (just not strong enough), and a 1/8 or

bigger scale tank is just way out of my budget.

So, tamiya is the only serieus competition in the 1/16 size range

(for me).

Have cleaned about every other brand out, exept some with

special intrest or meaning to me.

They just make a good product, so i buy it.

Addiction is of course also counting in :D

Stefan

The majority of mine are Tamiya (as I assume most of our collections are), but I will buy anything that is of personal interest. As it should be, to each his own.

I am sure that everyone is in agreement, you cannot be the overall quality and detail of the Tamiya brand!

I myself am a Tamiya purist. My first was a Hornet. I do however own a Kyosho Double Dare along with my Clod Buster, as I remember the rivalry between Kyosho and Tamiya for the best 4x4 at the time. Having both of those trucks NIB is what brings back the childhood memories. I bought an E-Maxx a while back but it was no Tamiya (I didn't even get to build it) so it has since departed my stable. You can't beat the quality and realism of a Tamiya. oh yeah, and you get to build em !

chris

jocktheglide......a few years ago i wantd a rally car and started looking. what i did notice, right away, was the level of detail and accuracy on the Tamiya shells. the HPI were a close second but i found out from one of their people that they purposly change things a bit so they don't have to hassle with licensing agreements (at least on somethings).

so i bought my first kit...a TB01 with the Subaru Impreza Prototype shell....and then bought lots of rally shells. each a beautiful representation of each car.

the only think i've been wanting to see in action is the RC18T. but i get about as much travel out of my two current chassis (TA03FS and TA03R).

so it's Tamiya, all the way.

I collect both Tamiya and Traxxas. I feel the Tamiya cars look better and have great variety in chassis styles which makes them more interesting. The Traxxas cars are all somewhat similar.

However, I find the Traxxas cars are more fun to drive and perform better. I'm talking about off-road buggies and stadium trucks, not touring cars. Things like the Stampede, Rustler and Bandit. Traxxas used to make high performance buggies and trucks, like the SRT.

For racing (informal club racing), I have been using Losi buggies (XXCR and XX-4) and I'll be trying out an Associated T3 truck this summer. The performance on these is great. I would like to add a nice gold-tub RC10 to my collection. That, and that Losi with the weird 5-point rear suspension.

I have mainly Tamiya's in my collection, although i haev 2 HPI cars, and a Losi Mini T, with a few more Losi's and others to come.

I just buy what i like mainly :D

Chris

Kyosho and Tamiya as collector and mainly Kyosho buggies as racer, allthough I also own an HPI Savage MT, Raptor MT, and my first buggy brand was Thunder Tiger. Never bought a Tamiya as car to drive.

I like most people here have mainly Tamiyas but have ventured into

Traxxas who make a great nitro car!! and a great electric car to wreck!

I've got mainly Tamiyas although I do have a few other brands as well. I currently race a Losi XXX-S Graphite + and also have an AE TC3 for rallying. Kyosho, Traxxas, Bolink and Serpent are also present in my collection. I simply find that some non Tamiya cars suit my needs better.

i love tamiya without them other cars i own would be sold broken. i class tamiya as the daddy of kit build rc's [:D]

my collection so far

tamiya lunchbox- pumpkin (no runner)

tamiya TA03f (shelf queen)

tamiya f201 (in conversion stages)

mardave cobra (off road buggy)

kyosho pure ten nitro

AE rc18t with mamba 8000kv brushless

yokomo mr-4 tc custom race chassis

Virus

Like everyone else here, my collection mainly consists of Tamiyas. You can never go wrong with a grat kit like a Tamiya. The realism and quality are second to none, and building them is almost more fun than running them. I also have a few other makes in my collection though. Tamiya has a wide variety but they don't make everything! :D I have a Kyosho, a few Duratrax rtrs, a Venom Mini Giant, and a gorgeous HPI Savage (although I'm thinking it might need a TNX for company). I'm also contemplating an AE RC10 B4. I like to think of myself as an R/C collector with a Tamiya addiction.

yeah I been turning to tamiya also since my switch I dont know maybe its me, but I been really liking building them lately I used to hate to build, but now im all for it and my collection is starting to be all tamiya except my emaxx.