tamiya monkey

Which Battery Connector Is Best

Looks like you've got the 45amp connectors which don't seem to fit that crimper well (they have an open recess where you are supposed to put the wire and the crimper should close the end around the wire). The lower amp connectors have a cylindrical recess where the wire goes in and the crimper squeezes it togeter to make a secure connection. Try using pliers to bend the open ends round the wire and then crimp or solder it. I think the 45amp crimps are for bigger wire like 4mm.

Tell us how you get on.

Grizy

Is there a tutorial on how to replace a standard Tamiya connector with a new Tamiya connector? I know it has to be simple, but would like to see it in pictures or have it laid out step by step.

I know, I know, why would anyone want to do that? I have a reason, really.

I want to replace the dean's connectors on my Grasshopper with Tamiya connectors so I can more easily connect the battery w/o removing the body. With the stupid deans plugs [or even the Traxxas plugs I'm afraid] I can't get my fingers inside the window or roll cage. I just want something super easy to plug and unplug in a confined space and Tamiya connectors are stupidly easy to connect. Plus I have batteries with Tamiya plugs that haven't been converted to Traxxas. Deans plugs - BAH.

And I seriously doubt that conductivity or melting will be an issue with a stock 380 motor and a 3000mah battery. :D

Thanks for any help guys.

Thanks again for the help guys - I didn't get that they snap into the connectors. I tried it with one before I crimped it up, and yes, you're right. Now I have it stuck in there!!

I was just about to use some wire I found in my tool box, but then I realised it was speaker wire. I guess I should get some proper battery stuff - Maplins?

Thanks again for the help guys - I didn't get that they snap into the connectors. I tried it with one before I crimped it up, and yes, you're right. Now I have it stuck in there!!

I was just about to use some wire I found in my tool box, but then I realised it was speaker wire. I guess I should get some proper battery stuff - Maplins?

I use a very thin flat bladed screwdriver to push down on the sprung bit from the front and with some fiddling they will come out.

I have masses of offcuts of good quality wire here (at work) I could send you for the price of postage? What colour as we have all sorts?

PM me if you like

These ribbed T-Plugs are excellent. Connect as good as a deans but very easy to pull apart. I've binned all my deans in favour of these now. Even my 6yr old can get them apart on his car without issue.

post-21388-1233221245.jpg