Sign in to follow this  
robster959

Spektrum Receiver Compatible With Tamiya Esc?

Hey all,

I wanted to use my Tamiya esc (the basic one that comes with the kits) with my Spektrum receiver. Now, the esc doesn't have BEC built in, and neither does the receiver. Has anyone used their Tamiya esc with the Spektrum setup? I don't want to blow the receiver, and think I probably will if I sent the full 7.2v to the receiver. I would be interested in hearing if anyone has had success, or a solution.

Happy New Year,

Rob

I have used the tamiya-101bk esc many times with the spectrum 3000 receiver, by using the sanwa z-connector lead (?) for the tamiya 2 prong red plug. I am trying to remember from memory because it was back in early 2008!

The little lead used to be included with tamiya kits, the connector bulges slightly but worked fine with sport tuned motors. I can find one and post a pic tomorrow, unless someone can confirm the name/part no. before then

According to the spec on the Spektrum website, the SR3000 has a voltage range of 3.5 to 9.6v so you should be ok with 7.2v

Grizy

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your help. I'm not sure what is meant about the connector solution yet, but I checked the site and see that it does indeed list the voltage range. I remember trying to find that out in the past by checking the manual, but don't remember seeing that. I better check my receiver to see if it is the exact same model.

Rob

i have used a teu101bk with a old skool acoms receiver (no BEC) and it's fine. 7.2v should be fine, but if you start running higher voltage packs you might want to be careful. the good thing i can see is that you will have faster stronger servos at 7.2 v than the 5/6v you get from escs woith a bec

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your help. I'm not sure what is meant about the connector solution yet, but I checked the site and see that it does indeed list the voltage range. I remember trying to find that out in the past by checking the manual, but don't remember seeing that. I better check my receiver to see if it is the exact same model.

Rob

Here is the pic of the adaptor, male to female.

Plug the small red connector from the tamiya esc into this adaptor so it will plug in neat and tight into the spektrum receiver

if this helps, i used my tamiya ESC with a hitec receiver, twice before swapping the ESC out. i had to connect that third small wire from the esc to the spot on the receiver that a gas powered car's battery would be plugged in to. im at school right now o i cant take a look at tell you the name of the cable or the port. you may need an adapter for this, as i did. i assume thats what taffer is talking about.