HereBeMonsters

South Hants/dorset Bash?

I was wondering if anyone in the South - Portsmouth/Basingstoke/Winchester/Southampton/Bournemouth/Poole/Reading/Newbury etc. area would be up for a bash anytime?

I know of a couple of places around Southampton and the New Forest, but mainly off-road. I run my Mini on Mondays indoor on carpet, but need a decent muddy off-road session every now and then. I was thinking electric buggies and trucks, maybe able to find a bit of crawler territory as well?

So, please reply with your thoughts, suggestions and ideas. Perhaps if there is enough interest a more senior member of the forum could organise an official meet or something?

Thanks for reading!

Hi i live in Aldershot, not too far from basingstoke, there is a large military training area near me called tweasledown for or all sorts trucks buggies etc except tarmac cars

Will be interested :) just so long as you don't mind me bringing my T-Maxx along as it's the only offroad car I have at the moment. There's a decent BMX track near me with a little Tesco and also a shop stocking RC's around 5 minutes walk away from the track.

Matt

Sounds a great place to run, might have to come over when the weather improves, i will watch for your meets, i dont mind travelling and its good to meet other tc members.

Hi guys, this place looks great, as long as you dont get run over by something, like a tank lol

map of area

Bin_Jammin and myself checked out the area just south of Bourley Road a couple of months ago see photos below.

Mud.

Ben_s_190.jpg

Ben_s_155.jpg

Ben_s_156.jpg

Ben_s_212.jpg

post-13848-1230728328.jpg

post-13848-1230728371.jpg

post-13848-1230728409.jpg

post-13848-1230728445.jpg

Yes, good for several hours amusement. In the 2nd photo from the right, the large sandy area to the right of the photograph, half way down, if I remember, is actually about 100m x 100m square of concrete! We did consider it to be handy for some fast desert racing etc.

Mud.

Mud, I dont know how well you know the aera, but it rearly is quite large, you can walk/drive your truck from the rear of farnborough airfield to farnham via fleet, i would guess probably 5-6 miles ! take plenty of batteries with you.

I was last over there a couple of weeks ago, following the period of rain the tracks i usually traverse have changed completly, some areas towards farnham have ruts 10foot deep where army lorries have sunk on one side and gouged a track into the ground, i would think these would be excellent for crawlers

lee

I will probably be going out to Millbrook on Saturday morning with the Lunch Box, with the RC-Extreme crew. They mainly have nitro and petrol stuff, so I keep trying to show that electric can be just as good. Shame the Manta Ray is out of action at the moment, although the track is a bit too grassy for small wheeled buggies.

PM me for the location of the place. Or join the site and find out for yourself here.

Sounds good. Shame I won't have anything more interesting than a Bear Hawk to bring.

LunchBox still needs body mounts.

Manta Ray is generally broken (just bought a fully hopped up DF-03 to replace it as my 4wd buggy runner).

Hornet still on MSC, broken receiver.

Mini and Lancia are for indoor only.

Avante 2001 needs new rear tyres.

Weather forecast looks awful! Can't bring the BearHawk if it's wet as it's still on a TEU-101 ESC. The least waterproof ESC known to man.

My brother managed to break the Lancia today as well, so my only runner I could possibly bring is going to be a Losi Micro-T I think!! ;)

Not sure who i met yesterday, or how many of you were from TC, but was good to see so many turn up on a rainy day.

Let's hope we get better weather for the next one, good luck with the clean up :rolleyes:

Ben.

Not having a working car, and having a massive hangover, I didn't bother to come down.

Wish I had though. Next time, I will have a crawler of some sort, when I've finally decided which one I want.