kaiser

Futaba Mc112b

i have a nib futaba mc112b (missing instructions).

does any body know what turn motors it can handle?

any clue how to program it? (it's a 2 pot, high and neutral style like old novaks) i just don't remember how to set them up.

i have a nib futaba mc112b (missing instructions).

does any body know what turn motors it can handle?

any clue how to program it? (it's a 2 pot, high and neutral style like old novaks) i just don't remember how to set them up.

The futaba mc112b cannot handle any motors that are faster than the stock silver can motor. even with the stock silver can it can get hot, so use low gearing. other than that it is a perfectly ok speed controller.

Here is how to set it up http://www.tcphotos.com/showroom_model.asp...ecid=306&t=

Hope that helps.

thanks for the quick reply CR-01 nut.

i guess i won't be using it, well maybe on the hopper or frog, but it's rather large and i have a few newer futaba's that have been working great (330cr's).

The official motor limit is a 27 turn, although we ran motors down to around 17 turns on them at the time. I would say down to a 20 turn would be no problem, but be aware that motor technology has moved on and some modern race stock motors will draw as much current as the 17-18 turn motors we ran back then.

Setting up the ESC is easy.

Firstly disconnect the motor. Turn on your transmitter and connect the battery. Adjust the neutral pot and at one point the green light will go on and off, neutral is just where the light is on. Now move the throttle on the transmitter to full speed, as you move the throttle the light should light up green and when full speed is reached the light will turn red. Adjust the high pot so the light turns red just before you reach full speed. Now disconnect the battery, reconnect the motor and plug the battery in again with the wheels off the ground. If the wheels are spinning then adjust the neutral pot until the motor just stops. It's now set up.

• Like 2

thanks terry, maybe i'll try it with a nos 24 turn kyosho motor and see how it does.

whats the worst that could happen, it will melt and i will throw it out, it was free after all. :)

Here's a link to a nice Futaba ESC chart:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/radioaccys/old-speed-controls.html

I have to agree with Terry that the 112B handled hotter motors bitd, but they didn't draw anything close to the modern motors. I run a 112B with a LeMans 240S (19turn) in an old RC10 that I have setup for carpet onroad racing. I ran a lipo pack for an almost 15 minute run last fall-- motor and ESC were quite warm but not insane (it was geared reasonably too). I let it rest for about 1/2 hour while talking to other folks there and then ran it for another 15 min on the same pack. :)

The 112 is a decent ESC-- I would run it with silver can or vintage hop-up motors only. It will work for a long time that way-- I have 2 or 3 that I used to race hard bitd that are still going today.

Good luck!

cool, i actually have a lemans 240s but i figured it would be too much, i'll give it a go.

thanks!