Sign in to follow this  
Huxly

Blackfoot Xtreme Body Mounts

Hi Guys,

Looking for help and advice on Blackfoot Extreme body mounts...rather than just buying another set which will probably break again, I'm looking to repair / modify these to make them stronger. Has anyone else had the same problems? Any thoughts on a solution?

cheers

huxly

post-27735-1230977044.jpg

Hi Guys,

Looking for help and advice on Blackfoot Extreme body mounts...rather than just buying another set which will probably break again, I'm looking to repair / modify these to make them stronger. Has anyone else had the same problems? Any thoughts on a solution?

cheers

huxly

okay so judging by the silence I presume nobody has ever broke a set of these??

I have a blackfoot extreme, new at christmas but ive not really had it out much, maybe i will break it this weekend, will let you know.

I pretty much plan on replacing the rear body posts just about every run. It doesn't matter if my son is running the stock Ford or HPI Beetle body, they always snap. I've tried rinning the bodies high on the posts and low on the posts and they still break. I've tries hollowing out the posts a bit more and adding a rod then reglueing, but that doesn't last long. Need another solution too.

To fix this problem probably you must work on front ones. They flex when you roll with the car. They flex but not the rear ones that break. So fix the front ones and buy another rear one couples.

Max

Hi

Thanks for the replies..was starting to think I was the only one who'd broke these...

I've been trying different solutions in ally, while waiting for replacements to arrive...I was thinking about fitting a set of front mounts to the rear..as they seems to be a bit more supportive.

Will try when the parts arrive.

cheers

huxly