tamiya monkey

What Non Tamiya Trucks Are We Interested In Buying

Yup. It is a crawler specific kit. But I am turning it to a racer :) .

Got it for $375 from AMain.

Just starting my build. I'll post some updates when possible.

thanks.

My non-tamiya

The E-revo and mini e-revo, also a wheelie king 4x4. I had an e-savage, but traded it in for the e-revo. The three of these are a hoot! The wheelie king seems to get the most use of ALL my RC's, with a 21t venom motor and a tazer 12t esc. It has great run times, pretty darn durable too, basically it never breaks. The Revos really are awsome machines. Big air, high speed, tough as nails, just not as kid friendly as the wheelie king, which is probably why I run it the most.

What would I buy right now that is non-tamiya? Nothing I can think of... the trio of non-tamiya I currently own are the ones I wanted and bought.

Maybe a vxl Stampede

Only two that I can see getting now. Not into crawlers, Traxxas, nor oversize ugly trucks (Traxxas)!

The AE SC10 for the looks and bashing fun. T4 tech is a plus.

Kyosho RBT, yes the new RACE truck. Thanks Kyosho :)

Well had my first non tamiya for a month and still in love .Yes it,s a Traxxas stampede vxl but i say this much it,s well built ,fast ,cheap, fun and when the proline baja body goes on it,s no longer an ugly duck

Non Tamiya Truck?

Would love a Traxxas Slash. Heard so many good things about it, and every time I see a video of one running, one word runs through every fibre of my being.

WANT.

(probably a little over dramatic use of words there, but you get where I'm coming from :) )

I bought the Slash right after they came out and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. What an absolute lark to drive. Good on Traxxas for thinking outside the box and taking a chance.

Yesterday I bought the 1/16 E-Revo. OMG! I should have bought one weeks ago. The truck is stupid / scary fast right out of the box with one battery and simply insane with two installed. Sick jumps and vicious high speed roll-overs don't seem to even phase it at all. I'm not the type to take my RC cars out to see if I can intentionally destroy them, but you just can't drive something the goes 50mph all that delicately, so yeah, this little truck has already seen some wicked crashes just from normal use. Word of advice: If you haven't bought one - RUN, don't walk, to your local purveyor of RC products and procure one for your driving pleasure with all due haste and alacrity good sir (or madam). Git some. Pronto. Woot. Nuff said?

I would like to buy a Traxxas Summit or an HPI FLux, but ... I start to think twice and even three times about dropping $600 for an RC truck. ;)

rebuilding a monster beetle and king blackfoot at the mo but i am always on the lookout for cheap minizilla's hint hint :D

i saw a couple of videos of a cen memt (16th scale electric 4wd monster truck), kind of made me want one.

but i'm too much of a tamiya geek to actually buy it. i hate rtr's.

I have this:

that's not my truck but mines exactly the same, same motor/esc everything, (I bought it from that guy)

except at the moment it just four wheel spins instead of wheelies as the tyres are bald.

I also stuck that motor and esc in my lunchbox last weekend for a laugh, barrels of fun :D

heres my minizilla ;) but ive just about finished modding it abit more

FPV Minizilla with onboard video downlink

this is what i plan to build into my king and monster so alas they might not look too pretty when finished lol but what they will be doin will be waaaaaay past what the original designer ever dreamed of at the time B) now who got a time machine so i can beam back to the 70's and change everything?