Nick83

How To Fix The Flaws Of The Pajero

I've decided to reward myself with a Tamiya Pajero! I thought I was getting one for Christmas, but didn't (ok though. i got AC/DC tickets!). So now if the time to get this beast, and I am getting excited. I wanted one of these ever since I heard about them, but didn't get it because I was getting burnt out on the hobby. but now the urge is returning.

I need help and suggestions on how to build the perfect, most capable Pajero.

I am thinking of putting in a Tamiya sport tuned motor, or some other higher performance motor, but I need suggestions because I have never driven one of these before. But I know I will want more power.

I also want to put some nice suspension on it.

I want to lock the differentials, and want the best way. (where can I buy an extra locker?)

I also heard there was a way to fix some flaws in it, like the steering, and maybe some other stuff.

I'd like to lift the body and also put some more aggressive tires on it.

I need help with all this. I am going to begin doing some more research on this, but I just ordered one and want to get everything I need before it arrives!

I bought rubber sealed bearing for it also.

as you wana lock the diffs i assume you wana do a bit of trail driving. if you do, a sport tuned isn't the way to go. you want a 35 or 45 turn motor for torque and still retain enough speed. just lock the front diff with a spare planetery gear from the rear diff, i have done this on both of mine. you can improve the steering by cuting the little lugs off the c hubs and using a longer arm on the servo to get more throw. for the tyres just cut off every other lug on the standard tyres and then soak them in wd40 overnight, that makes them loads softer

Soaking tyres in WD40 makes them softer?

As for the thread starter, you'd need to explain what you want from it to improve it

ie, fast offroader (sort of like rally) or slow "mountain driving" etc as all these will require different setups

i would second the idea of NOT putting a sport tuned motor in it. the hard body and high center of gravity make it difficult to avoid rollovers already, and the stock motor is quite capable of going TOO fast in a truck like this. if you then lift it and lock the differentials for trail use it will invite disaster and heartache when you destroy the body.

just my 2 cents worth. :P

hope you enjoy your new "reward".

soaking tyres does make them softer, but you need to be careful as you can ruin them if you leave them to long. i am also told thay silicon oil does the same thing.

would softening the tires be a good idea if i want my TA to be come a bit of a trials truck/trail truck and since i normally drive on sandy surfaces?

i want to mod my tamiya too i wanna lift mine so i can do so more crawling of sorts and im gonna lock up the rear diff what shocks can i use to lift it up

Well, I would like to drive the truck probably in the woods, on trails etc because that is mostly what's around here, but I will take it in snow, sand, mud, etc when the opportunities come. I still want it to be fast though.

I just want something that isn't going to get stuck. I want it to be able to get through a lot of challenging terrain. I mean, with both diffs locked, I am sure it will do ok. I would like something that keeps up with my High Lift.

Hi everyone, I decided I will put an EZrun 5.5 T in my new Pajero. What do you all think?

And any idea where I can find another part to lock the front diff. I know it comes with one of those parts for one diff, but since I want to lock both diffs, I need two of them. Which parts bag are they in, or does anyone know where I can buy a single one?

I think you will have issues getting gearing right for such a high rpm motor in the XC chassis. It will run hot and not as expected being quite gutless.

Hi everyone, I decided I will put an EZrun 5.5 T in my new Pajero. What do you all think?
You'll spend more time walking over to it to put it back on its wheels than you will actually running it. The Pajero is designed for slow trials, not high speed runs.

The diff locker is in the Pajero G parts, part number 9005422

If you are going to try putting a motor like that in,make sure you have plenty of spare gears and maybe a spare chassis,i doubt it will cope for long.

The XC/CC01 is much better suited to slower running,such as the lathe motors.Locking the front diff will add to the strain on the gears.

I would not recomend a hi revving motor at all.

:D:):lol:

Are you serious? Please read all the useful advice above - the Pajero is a scale 4x4 - its far too top heavy and skittish when going fast to run a really hot motor in it - you will still have loads of speed with the kit supplied motor if you are taking it into the woods etc. If you want to go properly fast get a buggy like a DF03 etc as they are designed for it where the Pajero just isnt.

I run a 55t motor in mine as I thought a 45t was too fast for trail driving in the woods near to mine.

I was joking actually. I just wanted to see if anyone was going to reply. Although I admit, I am buying one, and I am thinking of putting it in everything. This one is probably going into the Mini Cooper I bought. haha.

Thanks Terry for that info. I just ordered the G parts off ebay. Your help is the best.