Sign in to follow this  
_4-0_

Tc Security Feature.

I was just wondering if custom watermarking could be added to peoples showroom images. Seeing how peoples images are being used without credit I was wondering If a new feature could be added where you maybe upload a small logo of your own design which then gets overlayed onto all of your images. You could choose where on the image the watermark gets placed too.

Sorry if this idea has already been discussed.

Excellent idea.

While it won't stop people stealing images without permission, it will at least provide evidence of their ownership / origin.

a new feature could be added where you maybe upload a small logo of your own design which then gets overlayed onto all of your images.

Couldn't you just add your own watermark to pics before you upload them?

There was talk of a watermark system in 2005 HERE but nothing seems to have come of it.

There's nothing stopping anyone adding watermarks to their own images before uploading to TC though and if a system was introduced, I doubt it would be easily 'back dateable' so any prospective photo-thiefs will still have 220,000+ (6 years worth) pictures to choose from.

I'll ask though

Personally, I find watermarks intrusive and usually spoil good pics - I only use them on rare occasions where I'm particularily protective of the pics, but I don't like doing it :)

img169_05012009210515_2.jpg

I know it's not exactly what you were after, but I just found a simple watermarker that allows you to select a batch of pics and watermark them all in one hit.

140+ jpgs (average size 400k) took about 30 secs for the lot, all saved to a new folder so the originals remain unaffected

http://www.picture-shark.com/watermark_fre...ery_default.htm

To get 'diagonal' watermarks across the corner of a pic, create an overlay jpg with a coloured background.

Then, set that background colour to be transparent on the watermark and you're laughing

On this one, because the yellow is set to transparent, the text is transparent too.

post-1185-1236636777.jpg

post-1185-1236636784.jpg

Logos are easy too

The yellow 'halo' is some feathering setting; the lower it is, the bigger that halo shows

post-1185-1236637583.jpg

post-1185-1236637590.jpg