Sign in to follow this  
Tamiya1/10

How Is 2009 So Far?

Well the year didn't start off too well for us....

1st, my son parked the family car down town on new year and some a..hole took a key or some hard object and scratched the sides and hood up ($3000.00 to repair..not good)

2nd, brought 4 nice coffee mugs and promptly dropped it resulting in having to buy 3 more, bummer.

I heard bad things come in 3s? Well, things can be a lot worse and so far I should not complain too much as life is ups and downs.

On the good side, I finally secured the die caste Taisan Starcard Porsche 911 GT 2 which I've been looking for for almost a year. Now I am waiting for its arrival and undamage....hope I get it by today.

Have a good 2009 or at least make the best out of whatever situation.

Cheers

Due to the high responses, I thought I would bring the topic up again now that almost 5 months have gone by. Are we all doing fine? Happy? (knowing the RR will be re-release by Tamiya) Scare? (H1N1) Depress? Can't affort both the re-release black porsche and the RR) :lol:

Getting divorced. While some may think that isn't great, actually it is. Really shouldn't have got married in the first place.

They do say life begins at 40, and that'll be me next year, so who knows :)

I guess most of TC members are still in school so current situation do not effect them. For the few adults, either is so bad that no longer reading TC forum as situation does not allow or 2009 is just like any other year so far, no big deal. The sun raises in the East and set in the West and gravity is still 9.8m/s.

And for SteelRat, free at last free at last. :P

My year, so far, hasn't been particularly bad or particularly good.

There's the usual 'eJits'™ out on the streets and wandering in and out of my path (sometimes metaphorically and sometimes literally :P ). Some have angered me with poorly chosen words, by being completely unreasonable or just blindly ignorant. :(:angry: Some have caused my truck harm, mostly when it's parked at work (doors slammed into the sides 'n stuff). I've had more damage done whilst parked than moving. I guess thats what I get for having a pick up. People think they don't need to be concerned about damaging it because my pick up truck is obviously indestructible.

My health isn't great but it's not so bad that I'm in hospital. Most of my health problems are my own fault anyway so I shouldn't complain (long story). It doesn't sound too good does it? But I'm not depressed about it or anything. I've survived another year without harm, my immediate family is alive and well without any serious health problems and my brother is expecting his 4th child later this year. :) Financially, times are tougher than last year but that's not stopping me form doing absolutely everything, just almost everything. :lol: I'm still playing video games although I haven't bought a new game since Christmas. I haven't done much with my RCs, I've rebuilt my "TA04 D-Spec" and just started a Scorcher project, and I haven't been out paintballing since about this time last year. I simply don't have the funds as most of my earnings go towards a new garage my brother and I are building as well as the normal outgoings like car stuff (road tax, service, etc.) and insurances.

All that being said I'm pretty sure I'm not unhappy. My current philosophy on life is that life is like a pendulum that swings between good and bad, affected not by the gravity of the Earth but by the gravity of our lives. The failing is that swinging that pendulum too far towards the good increases the likelyhood of the pendulm swing back ferociously to the bad. I've been trying to keep the pendulum of my life balanced near the middle, more on the side of good than of bad, but it's not just me that affects it but everyone that comes in contact with me aswell. I think I just need some more good people doing good things in and around my life. Not a lot, just a few more to make life that little bit better. :)

I guess most of TC members are still in school so current situation do not effect them. For the few adults, either is so bad that no longer reading TC forum as situation does not allow or 2009 is just like any other year so far, no big deal. The sun raises in the East and set in the West and gravity is still 9.8m/s.

And for SteelRat, free at last free at last. B)

Heh. My RC hobby started just as we'd agreed to go our seperate ways. This of course now means I can fill the entire house up with buggies with no fear of retribution :angry:

And for SteelRat, free at last free at last. B)

I always thought that TC membership was mainly 30-40 somethings, like me, with just a handful of teenagers. I got that wrong then :angry:

I always thought that TC membership was mainly 30-40 somethings, like me, with just a handful of teenagers. I got that wrong then :angry:

Yeah I thought that as well it was mainly the older people the 30's-40's .Almost every showroom I visit say something like 30 something just found the hobby again after a long stint away .So I always presumed it was us older guys N gals .

Hey Steel I feel your pain/joy mate I got divorced back in 2000 it was my new years resolution after 13 years in pergotory ....Was the best descion I ever made 13 years you dont get that long for murder .

at least you know it was a bad descion to Marry .......hindsight is a wonderfull thing ....fill your house with cars ....I can just see it now it will be like a seinfeild episode you will bring girls home after a night out they will drug you until you are asleep and play with your cars or start a build ...date you until they finish it B)

Anyway its been a good year so far lots of kits and more on the way .

My daughter now pays me money to live at home (Karma is good aint it).

My wife lets me buy what I like within reason even encouraging me to hit the BIN button herself thats a turn around from my last wife who just breathed fire B)

Yup so life is pretty good just cruising along ...Cant complain :)

Hey Steel I feel your pain/joy mate I got divorced back in 2000 it was my new years resolution after 13 years in pergotory ....Was the best descion I ever made 13 years you dont get that long for murder .

at least you know it was a bad descion to Marry .......hindsight is a wonderfull thing ....fill your house with cars ....I can just see it now it will be like a seinfeild episode you will bring girls home after a night out they will drug you until you are asleep and play with your cars or start a build ...date you until they finish it :angry:

B) I put some shelves up to extend buggy storage space on Bank Holiday Monday. I think this is the start of a slippery slope B)

And for SteelRat, free at last free at last. :angry:

Most tc members have long left school B)

I know I couldn't afford £1500 nib sand scorchers when I was at school! I believe most are 30 - 40 something. I'm 22 and usually the youngest at a TC meet.

It was going okay until today.... I got an NIP from our local 'Safety Camera Partnership'. B)

They got me just as I had come off a dual carriageway into a 60 limit. They reckon I was still doing 72. I doubt my diesel pick-up can go that fast. :angry:

22years of driving (including 13 in London) and not so much as a parking ticket until now.

As some of you may know I am also got a divorce. It wasn't my choosing and at first I was devastated but now I realize what a HUGE favor she did for me. She really is an evil self absorbed person and I am glad to get rid of her. I just need finish out the Property settlement and then one of the rooms will get devoted to RC cars

As some of you may know I am also got a divorce. It wasn't my choosing and at first I was devastated but now I realize what a HUGE favor she did for me. She really is an evil self absorbed person and I am glad to get rid of her. I just need finish out the Property settlement and then one of the rooms will get devoted to RC cars

I'm noticing a bit of a pattern here....

1 - Divorce wife

2 - Fill House with buggies

3 - Grin lots!

:angry:

So, 2009, what has it brought for me... well apart from tons of medication (been poorly for a long time) I must say that the wife is still putting up with me. Has anyone seen that advert on tv for Britains got talent (UK) where the fella is in bed snoring and the wife puts her pillow over her ears, well my mrs said the other day she often felt like that but had visions of the pillow over my face instead of over her ears. :) and I havent even got on about my models yet! Nah actually she's ok, let me buy Sgt. Barnes's terra crusher last year (without realising what it was B) ) preceded to have a look in his showroom afta the dirty deed was done and still let me have it (she hates monster trucks especially nitros). She does get a bit uppity when I run the buggies around the living room and brake her stuff though oops :angry: and I have to say I love her to bits and yes she is stood over me right at this moment reading every word I type with a mean look in her eye B) hi babe...

Hi! im one of those teens and i havent left school yet, i got till june 4th and i officially graduate on the 6th. im pretty stoked!

well, so far 09 has been OK to me. i still drive 65 in the 55 zones and do 30 in school zones. :D

for the bad, some idiot girl had to rear end my truck 2 days after getting it. scraped my bumper and bent it a bit, took out the girls car though! :P its nice to drive a truck.

The year started ok. I lost a heli early on, but that was due to my poor judgement flying. I really haven't taken my cars out much, I did try to race again last weekend. That went rather umm poorly. I whined about it in another thread here hehe. My 08 G35S is going to be a year old soon, I've put nearly 16k on her already! I had a blast driving it through the twisties, scenery was awesome and the drive was just grand.

The absolute worst of this year happened a few weeks ago when a good friend was murdered by his ex wife. She has since been arraigned on murder with special circumstance of lying in wait, as well as discharge of a firearm with malice intent. She shot him 3 times at close range with a semi-auto 22. His funeral is Wednesday, while difficult I am trying to bury my head in to other things to help me keep sane.

On to good news, we are looking at buying a home. The unfortunate part is that its a short sale we bid on, their lender did an appraisal after getting all the paperwork they needed and supposedly we should be in escrow later this week or next. It has a decent sized back yard (all dirt right now), which means I'll be out there with my RC10 (at least till i put in sod).

The house has put my RC hobby on hold, its an expensive hobby! I have my PS3 with 70 some odd games, a wii that collects dust, and a WoW addiction that I need to shake lol to hold me over. If any of you have a PS3 and want to play my id is PSXBatou.

I'll leave you with a 2 photos of my car on said twistie run. Yes that is a brand spanking new R35 Skyline GT-R 2 cars in front of me *drool*

P6060672.JPG

P6060681.JPG

Full gallery if you want to see more (some RC stuff there too, though a bit out of date)

http://batou.org/PSXBatou/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=15

2009 is pretty good for me despite the economy.

i'm lucky enough to work for a german car dealership and not an american one.

i finished my big turbo build (2001 vw new beetle, 400hp)

but best of all on july 4th my wife and i had our first baby! :unsure: