Sign in to follow this  
jocktheglide

noticed many lunchbox on ebay late....

must be me, but I noticed like 4 NIB lunchboxes on ebay lately I bid on all 4 of them on one I didnt make the reserve and another I lost the bid now there are two on there right now im currently high bidder. [:D]

Simply investors dumping stock. Those that bought kits as 'investments' (and probably paid over the odds) looking to shift them before the bottom falls out of the market when the rerelease hits the streets.

Sure the original will always fetch a little more but the prices will still tumble. My guess is Original NIB Lunchboxes will soon be fetching half what they did at Christmas. New body sets alone used to go for more than the cost you are shortly going to be able to pick a whole kit up for.

Personally I'd say nows not the time to be buying - I'd wait a couple of months

Just my opinion of course.

Chris

thanks smith for the info and opinion I only bid up to a certain value that I could, "afford" so if I get outbid i wont cry over it though I wouldnt mind having a vintage one and a release one.

Chris, I'm thinking you have nailed this right on the head. LB's have been quite scarce the last couple of years,and have fetched record prices.Lately all kinds of them have been popping up and the prices are way lower than in the past. 2 regular sellers from Japan have been unable to sell theres in the $500 range. This is after 1 hit $800 late in 04. I'm waiting for the new re-release and will get at least a few to meet my personal demands. This will certainly be fun cracking one open,building it,and driving and not worry about the huge loss one would have suffered trying to do this just a few months ago. That to me is the #1 reason I'm so into the re-release cars. You get to relive those great memories driving these old relics-but they are brand new,and not much money. Sweet!!!!!

Also there are LOADS of SRB's too...Scorchers seem really common right now...Do they all know something we don't? lol

Also why do 90% of LB's have their tyres on backwards? Is it some kind of secret LB 'club' rule...like a masons handshake?

quote:
Originally posted by Lordcroker

Also there are LOADS of SRB's too...Scorchers seem really common right now...Do they all know something we don't? lol

Also why do 90% of LB's have their tyres on backwards? Is it some kind of secret LB 'club' rule...like a masons handshake?

id="quote">id="quote">

ha ha ha ha that was funny man [:D]yeah I noticed that also the Scorchers theres many up there like new or slightly used.

I think people are dumping their scorchers as well because selling them piecemeal nets them lots more than if they sold the whole car. I'm thinking the collectors who have more than their "fair share" of Scorchers/SRB's are seeing that re-releasesare cutting into their investments and they may be trying to re-coup some of it before its too late. Not that the SS will be re-released, but money made on one makes up for that lost on another...

I think a lot of the SRB's are just people who had them from years ago digging them out of the shed or loft after discovering ebay - ebay reckon they had 1m people join following there recent tv advertising campaign.

Also lets not forget that mint SRBs are losing at least $60 value since the coming GH re-release [;)], another reason for "investors" to dump them, except the fear of more coimng re-releases...

Cheers