I don't know if i'm allowed to do talk about this auction, but i'm gobsmacked at the sellers crazy idea of a buy it now price..........honestly, i know times are tough at the moment - but he is having a laugh surely!!!!!!!!!. If it was more original, with all the original packing and boxes and even an original shop till receipt, then (just) maybe.......

If the seller is a member here, i'm sorry if i've offended you in any way, but come on lets get real - you have no chance of it selling for that price.

Heres the link -

No links to live auctions unless it is your own. Discuss it after the auction has finished.

OK, you've got my attention. How big a slice of the universe is the seller asking?

Just had a quick peek!

GBP2400

Ouch!

I could liquidate my entire collection and still not afford it!

That is a bit sad. :(

I guess it looks pretty cool, but I agree, for that sort of money you would expect it to be all original, boxes, etc!

C..

Just had a quick peek!

GBP2400

Ouch!

I could liquidate my entire collection and still not afford it!

That is a bit sad. :(

I guess it looks pretty cool, but I agree, for that sort of money you would expect it to be all original, boxes, etc!

C..

for that money id expect new in box unbuilt mint

The thing is, i know scorchers are the holy grail of tamiya, but they're not exactly rare and there's always loads on ebay to choose from (a credit to just how popular they were and the impact they made at the time) - either restored or basket cases. Perhaps this seller has got the price mixed up with a NIB blazing blazer.................

There's a big difference between actual value and what price someone can ask for on ebay. You could put a Striker on ebay with a 2500 Buy It Now, it doesn't mean they are suddenly worth more than 25.

:( Well spotted!. Someone out there clearly isn't bothered by that fact, because it's reached over 900 now!. This is definately THE most expensive scorcher i've ever seen. I wonder what the reserve is set at? - 1500-1800 i reckon........

Just goes to show what a lot of Bling-Bling can bring. Now if he can just get chrome to stick to the box (in a separate auction of course)!

For 2400.00 you'd at least expect the rear tyres to be mounted the correct way round.

The wheels just need swapping over.

The wheels just need swapping over.

*sigh* OK then, the wheels just need swapping over.

I still say that for the money you'd expect it to be done.

Wow........if people are prepared to pay over a grand for a non standard scorcher, i'm seriously considering putting mine on.......... :) Oh and just for the record - it has the correct wheels and tyres fitted and they are on the correct way round :lol:

Wow........if people are prepared to pay over a grand for a non standard scorcher, i'm seriously considering putting mine on.......... :o Oh and just for the record - it has the correct wheels and tyres fitted and they are on the correct way round :)

it went for 1800 wow :lol:

Yes, it went for 1800........ Go back to the site and there is another "Bling - Bling" Scorcher up with no reserve (in the UK also).

Wow :lol::) that has to be an all time record! fair play to the seller, but the buyer has paid way over the odd's for that car..............it hasn't even got any radio gear. If that's the price non original one-off scorchers are fetching now, then i'm open to any offers on the hopped-up one in my showroom for a 1000+ ( that's no joke. ) Personally, i would of spent that money on a NIB scorcher or a blazing blazer. Chrome or no chrome, there was nothing special about that car. The paintwork looked good though. I would imagine that paypal will take a fairly hefty chunk out of that money if the buyer chooses to pay by that way - bummer!. Obviously someone out there hasn't heard there is a world wide recession going on! or maybe Mr Tamiya himself bought it for ideas..........maybe it was a re-release sneaked out by mistake.........or maybe the buyer has never heard of Alclad chrome paint..........

Strange old world..............

I'm absolutely amazed as well at the 1800 it went for.

I can understand the seller putting the nuts BIN price on, on the off chance that someone with a money no object bank account would just click on the button but I can't fathom out the price the auction ended at. Only a huge Tamiya fan/collector would pay that kind of money and yet a Tamiya fan/collector would surely know that was well over the odds?

I'd actually love to have had a look at that Scorcher in the flesh. A lot of the stuff I've bought off eBay has turned up not looking quite as good as it did in the pics, I really hope the buyer feels he/she has got their moneys worth.

And Jezza, I'm more than happy to offer you 1000 for your Scorcher. I haven't actually GOT 1000 but I'll offer it :)

I just had a thought, perhaps it will appear on the TC showroom page in the next couple of days......

....."just got this off the bay at a good price".......

:)

Got a link to the auction now that it is finished please ..Havent had a squiz yet would like to see what all the chit chat is about :)

I've just found the other blinged up scorcher thats on the bay at the moment and i have to say, this latest one is a much better looking model - and it has radio gear so when the new owner unpacks it, he can run it straight away............ be interesting to see what this one sells for (probably nowhere near as much as the last one). I'd be miffed if i'd just spent out that amount of cash, and then a better more original one turned up for a fraction of the cost!.

But i agree, i hope the new owner isn't dissapointed.....................My wife would go absolutely mental if i'd have bought that........ ;)

Maybe tamiya really are going to re-release this buggy and maybe now is the time to sell.............. :)

After seeing the Scorcher with the amount of work put in, I can see a family or wife buying it for their love one or husband. Just picture if you are the receiptent of the Scorcher, would you reject it given the entire family chipped in so is not that expensive on an individual bases or your wife bought it for you and very likely can affort it.

I know for the price one can get something very nice like a watch but chances are the receiptent probably has several good watches already.

Thankyou Skip for the link I appreciate it .

What can one say about that SS ...Bling Bling Bling ... :blink:

Thankyou Skip for the link I appreciate it .

What can one say about that SS ...Bling Bling Bling ... :)

When for 700ukp in the end. A bargain compared to last week's one!

When for 700ukp in the end. A bargain compared to last week's one!

hi snake,

think it was the wrong bodyshell that put bidders off,

could'nt see the point of spending all that money on bling only to put the wrong shell on it...what do you think ?

also could'nt see what the draw was with the other tarted up one, restoring vintage tamiya is a strange game "to bling or not to bling"

but i suppose each to his own !!

sorry for the moan, but it is monday mornin'

kid