Sign in to follow this  
CR-01nut

Subaru Brat

Modelzone in Basingstoke have 4 in stock, saw them today, just to let you know :)

John

Thanks for letting me know, thats great. Now we know there really is one on the way.

Antics in coventry are doing them with radio gear . esc / battery & charger for 109.00 so rtr well after you build it lol. that was xmas week so could be cheaper now if they have any left.

c,

You sure about that? I rang them and they said they were all out everywhere. :blink:

CR-01 as i say they had them a few days before xmas so could well be out then, check online @ the stock indicator in coventry store ..

failing that i'll go a drive there its 10/15 miles away from me.

c.

Antics have none mate, they said it on the phone and there stock indicator says. "Sorry sold out"

Jason RC store on the bay has one. It is one of the early release ones with chrome chassis. A bit more than a standard re-re but if you really want one...

I noted the disappearing Brat's back in November http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...c=46725&hl=

....and had one on back-order for a while before I gave up.

I think this is really the death knell for the Brat in the UK now so just had to jump on the last few remaining at modelzone.

My wife can buy it for my Birthday to go with the lunchy she got for me for Christmas. I think she thinks I'm going through my second childhood.

Thanks

Mines still not been despatched from modelzone 2 days after order :)

Getting a bit concerned now. I've been discovering a lot lately that 'in stock' doesn't necessarily actually mean some sites have any left. Hope this isn't one of them.

Well if nowhere has them in stock I'll be going to ModelZone in Basingstoke next weekend, and can pick up however many kits anyone wants. You'll have to pay postage though!

Mines still not been despatched from modelzone 2 days after order :)

Getting a bit concerned now. I've been discovering a lot lately that 'in stock' doesn't necessarily actually mean some sites have any left. Hope this isn't one of them.

You will get the email on the day it arrives. (or at least I did)

Well the build has grind to a hault as my brother has no radio gear. I kept telling him "you need to order the radio gear". But he thought i just meant the transmitter. To be honest though, he does not even know what a servo is.

Shame really, this brat will be run about 5 times and smashed to bits. then thrown in the garage next to his wreaked lunchbox. He only wants to copy my frog as much as he can without getting a frog. he does not care for his cars at all. and within a week of getting one he has destroyed it and not got the money to fix it, so he just forgets about it.

You will get the email on the day it arrives. (or at least I did)

Hope so...thanks. website still says awaiting dispatch though. Still time yet till my birthday but wifey is panicking because she hasn't got me anything else.

Well, started this thread asking if I could still get a Brat.....

....and finished it with this.

DSC01532-1.jpg

DSC01531-1.jpg

DSC01533.jpg

DSC01534.jpg

Not too much detail as its for my brother who will smash that shell up, so the other one will look allot better when I do it.

Took the frog and the brat out for a quick run.... :D

DSC01536.jpg

Nice one Dude! :D

So who won the race then?? C'mon, you must have raced each other with them by now :lol:

Well thankfully I beat him in all the races we had. ;) But then I should, I have a sport tuned motor and full ball bearings. (and quite a few more years driving experience :P )

Some how He did not crash into me, came close a few times though.

Just read this and thought no cant be that hard to get, ebay must be full of them but no, where have they all gone. I nearly got one before christmas from gee dee models in nottingham they had them on special at 65.00 but i held off, now no one has them, stella are 120 inc p+p, fusion are 134 and modelsport where i get most things from dont have any. might have look into getting one before you lot buy them all lol.

Apart from body and wheels, are there any parts extra you need to convert a Frog to a Brat? Might just be cheaper to buy a Frog than go hunting down a Brat for OTT money.

Apart from body and wheels, are there any parts extra you need to convert a Frog to a Brat? Might just be cheaper to buy a Frog than go hunting down a Brat for OTT money.

You need a few bits for the front mount and the longer body mounts for the rear. The trouble is they are all in different parts bags.

Put my Toyota fj40 body on the brat and it looks awesome. Will put some pics of it up here tomorrow. :D

Hi

As of Saturday 17th Modelzone Plymouth have 1 available, saw it on the shelf myself, ignore website as I also found the hotshot currently on the shelf although I know these are coming back in stock soon.

Cheers

:)

Put my Toyota fj40 body on the brat and it looks awesome. Will put some pics of it up here tomorrow. :)

and here they are.....

DSC01523.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01524.jpg

Sorry for the rubbish pics, was in a hurry and my phone was in my pocket so I just grabbed it.

Found a ModelZone here in London which has two left in stock at 105. Very tempted, or do I go for the metal chassis ones on ebay for about 30 more...?

Do these wheelie? :)

Do these wheelie? :D

Sadly no. They would with brushless. But only for about 5 seconds until the gearbox imploded and made a mini blackhole :)

Saw this topic, and thought, well if they are hard to get, that means i should get one doesnt it ;)

Ordered mine yesterday from Stella, cant wait to get it ;)

Saw this topic, and thought, well if they are hard to get, that means i should get one doesnt it ;)

Yes, I am still kicking myself for not getting one at 60 back in November.

Still, I never really wanted one anyway. And today I got my dream - an original Clod! It needs a bit of work, but I can get a Super Clod for 150 from my local hobby store and nick all the bits I need....

I gave up with the modelzone website, which is the Manchester Deansgate store...they list as in stock but they told me they'd have to ship in from outlying stores. A week on and still no sign despite having taken my money when I put the order in a week ago. Wasn't very happy.

Anyway I'll be in the area of one of their stores over the weekend so I gave them a ring and they have one in stock & one on display and can hold one for me. So I cancelled, got a refund from the website and I'll be up to the store over the weekend to have a look.