bofin

Help Manta Ray Front Shock Tower

does anyone know where i can get an alloy or strengthened front shock tower for a manta ray thanks

I broke a couple as well, then I was told I could the FRP bits from the Top Force, so I bought them. What I didn't realise was that I'd have to buy a new adjustable suspension links as well, as the tower isn't quite the same as the stock one.

I broke a couple as well, then I was told I could the FRP bits from the Top Force, so I bought them. What I didn't realise was that I'd have to buy a new adjustable suspension links as well, as the tower isn't quite the same as the stock one.

where did you get the top force bits from ive been searching ebay to no avail

There is loads of Top Force parts on eBay at the moment, just type in "Tamiya Top Force" along with the worldwide search and you'll find them all.

Have a look at the Top Force manuals on the homepage. I think you need one of the metal parts bags that contains the FRP suspension mounts - the part number is listed in the manual, search for it on Ebay and you might find one (or several).

The manual will also show you what plastic parts you need to attach the shock tower to the chassis and will also give you an idea of what you need for the adjustable top-links. If you're not worried about originality you can buy individual rod-ends and 3mm threaded rod and make your own for much cheaper than turnbuckles (although they're not so easy to adjust).

:)