loaded

Dumb Question From One Who Should Know Better ;-)

I need a bunch (maybe 50) 2x6mm screws, the crosshead type (not the round head slot type for the Scorcher etc) Tamiya original (because I am that pedantic). I was hunting through reissue manuals, but only find the 2x8mm for the Brat, Frog etc. Any ideas? A bunch (maybe 25) of the 2mm washers would be handy if they were in the same screw bag, for example.

Undoubtedly the answer to this will be surprisingly easy.

Thanks in advance, Paul.

Cant quite remember the size - but the reefer trailer has lots of the smaller size screxs, bolts, nuts and washers. Maybe there is something in there?

Looks like 9443023, if I read the parts list OK. Hoping it is a cross head.

I will check in the mo.

Thanks, P.

Paul,

Depends on if you want vintage or are happy to settle with new Tamiya screws, but the Wild Willy body set screws bag contains 10 x (2x6mm) screws.

- Wild Willy 1 screw bag C

or

- Wild Willy 2 screw bag D

I too am very pedantic, but am happy with using new Tamiya screws when restoring vintage cars. Oh and they are cross headed screws.

All the best,

Nigel

PS - just being nosey, but what are you building that requires 50!!!

Hi, thanks for the response!

I need the screws for Blitzer Beetle bodies, so they are not that old. Wild Willy two screw bag eh, I will check it.

THANKS!

Paul.

Alternatively - I am sure you've already seen them, but search under Tamiya Blitzer Bag D. A seller has 3 bags available @ 3.99 each.

Each bag contains 6 (2x6mm) screws and 3 (2mm) washers.

Hi there,

OK, that sorts out about half, although I did a search and didn't see that before.

Thanks for the tip!

P.

Do you care about it being the stock screw? If not than I'd recommend Tony's Screws. He does them in high grade steel with hex heads which I find much easier to work with than philips.

Hi there,

I would really prefer a Tamiya screw, or at least indistibguishable screws. I might have tracked them down though.

Thanks!

Paul.