Sign in to follow this  
Shodog

Old School Srb Racer

I went to a swap meet today and found this cool Sand Scorcher based racer. The event was held at a fair grounds complex and was mainly focued on 1:1 scale cars. I walked around all day and the only vintage stuff I saw was a half together frog. I saw a lot of current stuff. T maxx's and a bunch of other traxxas cars. At almost the very end of the day I walked into a booth that had a rtr HPI rs4. I looked inside the guys van and saw this chassis poking out of a box. The guy gave me a break on the price because it was missing an axle.

012409002.jpg

012409009.jpg

012409012.jpg

It has tons of aftermarket parts. It would defiently make a killer restoration project.

How wierd is this, i have just been thinking where has Shodog gone these days and have just done a search of old posts. Sorry to hear about your bad luck, hope you're getting stuff sorted (I've been there too)

just come out of the search and you've posted a new thread!!

Nice find!

Martin.

Nice find mate.

With the goodies on the outside you could almost expect goodies inside the gearbox too. Have you split the box to see if there's a thorpe in there?

There doesn't appear to be a diff in the gearbox.

Yes things are getting sorted out and I hope they keep going smoothly.

that's an awesome find.

lucky you didn't go spending all your toy car money on that half a Frog first eh?

What is the plan for it??

I forsee lots of polishing, and possibly an RC-10 body???

Amazing find Jim, I guess the owner didn't know what he had.

And glad to have you back. ;)

Amazing find Jim, I guess the owner didn't know what he had.

And glad to have you back. ;)

Funny I was thinking, I havn't seen shodog on in ahwile then I see this. What a coinsidence. How much did you pay for it? I reckon I have a PERFECT bumper for it, black plastic, pretty wide and has holes in. Im sure its a 80s hop up, would be interested in selling it if your interested?

dazaa

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. Sadly I think this buggy is going to go to the auction block. I am getting to a point where I need to sell off things to pay for my legal bills. Divorce is expensive.

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. Sadly I think this buggy is going to go to the auction block. I am getting to a point where I need to sell off things to pay for my legal bills. Divorce is expensive.

Ohh man if your forced to sell this beauty then you must be going through some really bad times <_< . Just hope it doesn't come to you having to sell it, i bet you will never find another car like this again.

Just my 2shillings worth.

dazaa