garry

Nurnberg Toy Fair 2009 (new Releases)

Updated again, with:

58425 ORC Amemiya SCG-7 (TB-03)

58430 Subaru Impreza WRC08 (DF-03RA)

84071 Jeep Wrangler (CC-01)

Yummy !! Wonder what wheels it will have ?? Hardly the "break-when-looked-upon" originals !! And dare we hope it will come with clear rear lights and a TLU-01 kit. I wouldnt mind a decal sheet with some off-road oriented sponsor decals. The wish list is looong :lol:

Also a piccy of the 08 impreza......

Click me.......

Nice one! :lol: It's another scooby - and I hate it that it's now a hatchback and not a sedan anymore - but it really looks scale (though the wheels should be further outward to fill the arches better). And did you notice on the picture that the windows are translucent again!? Tamiya's going back to smoke paint! Maybe then they will switch to cockpits again someday!? :lol: (Ok yes, slightly optimistic but I'd love to see the comeback of the cockpit).

For the first time Ever, I think I'll actually bag two Wranglers on my credit card as soon as they appear - I've missed out on too many of the current re-re's that have been withdrawn just as I'm getting tempted to buy one...

Well i have to say that the scooby looks well but weird that tamiya have done it rally style seen as subaru have pulled out of rallying wrc ?

Well i have to say that the scooby looks well but weird that tamiya have done it rally style seen as subaru have pulled out of rallying wrc ?

It's the '08 model.

Urm i know its the 08 model and that the model is correct what i mean is that seen as they have pulled from the wrc maybe it might have been a better thing to go with a road version , just thought along the lines of the golf just my 2 pence worth ! :D

Urm i know its the 08 model and that the model is correct what i mean is that seen as they have pulled from the wrc maybe it might have been a better thing to go with a road version , just thought along the lines of the golf just my 2 pence worth ! :D

I think race cars are preferred over street cars. Hence the fact that there aren't many street car shells (anymore) and almost no shells of FWD cars anymore... Most are race cars, rally cars, F1 cars... People like to think they have a race car, no scale version of their Ford Fiesta... :P

Urm i know its the 08 model and that the model is correct what i mean is that seen as they have pulled from the wrc maybe it might have been a better thing to go with a road version , just thought along the lines of the golf just my 2 pence worth ! :P

dude, think of the lead time on making a model like this. tamiya would have had $$$$$$$ invested before subaru pulled the pin...

dude, think of the lead time on making a model like this. tamiya would have had $$$$$$$ invested before subaru pulled the pin...

I don't get why they would pull it anyway. They always release the previous year's rally cars in January, so if a Subaru was in it last year, it'll probably be released in January.

For example: Toyota don't even make the Supra any more, let alone race versions, but they still sell that...

I don't get why they would pull it anyway. They always release the previous year's rally cars in January, so if a Subaru was in it last year, it'll probably be released in January.

For example: Toyota don't even make the Supra any more, let alone race versions, but they still sell that...

You both may have a point here. Indeed, some shells in production are from cars which are out of production/use etc. already, but considering that the team is run I believe by Prodrive there are more parties involved than just Subaru. Plus let's not forget the sponsors - I wouldn't be surprised if Tamiya needs permission from ALL the sponsors seperately to put their sponsors on the shell they're producing, so after the plug was pulled on the WRC team of Subaru it could have caused problems...

oooo. I'm liking the sound of the Fiat 500.

Does anyone know when the kits are usually available for sale after announcement?

I can see how this can turn into an expensive hobby!

Cheers,

Grubby

A Wrangler on a CC? With the longer wheelbase available?

Maybe the latest model rather than the old Yj?

It's a rerelease of the original, just like the Pajero MTW rerelease. The shell is the same as on the CR-01. Better get one while they are available, looks like the model number indicates it's a limited release.

Terr, how can we know it is a limited release? Also, what sort of numbers are we looking at in terms of quanitiy, and the length of time they will be around? If people start buying them quickly, will Tamiya make more to satisfy demand?

What other models are limited releases? I need to know, because I have to buy them all then.

It's a rerelease of the original, just like the Pajero MTW rerelease. The shell is the same as on the CR-01. Better get one while they are available, looks like the model number indicates it's a limited release.

I dont know. The Pajero is also a re-release and when the kit was available the first badge was sold very quickly. The second badge and probably the larger is available not only on ebay. The supply is plenty at the moment. So limited is not always really limited.

The Pajero is still available from Fusion Hobbies in the UK and in fact the price only went up by 6 when they increased their prices inline with all other price increases due to distributor rises because of the weak Sterling.

Every production of anything is limited really. They haven't specified a actual manufacturing capacity and won't for sure. The Boomerang has been described by some as a limited release also, as was the Pajero (as I said, you can still buy one with an ESC including delivery for a little over 100 if you are a TC member).

A cynic might say that they are just saying this because they want everyone to 'panic' and buy them before they stop making them. I bet it will be higher priced than the Pajero and people will moan about that. Then when the stock is depleted they will moan that the price goes up again on eBay, like with the Pajero. Jason had 50, if memory serves, at $138 a pop. I know, I bought some. Then he sold out and had to buy them himself from other sellers in Japan and started selling them singly at $199. Now you can get them for less in the UK from our own distribution, because of the delayed release and the guaranteed stock the EU distributors were given.

Terr, how can we know it is a limited release? Also, what sort of numbers are we looking at in terms of quanitiy, and the length of time they will be around? If people start buying them quickly, will Tamiya make more to satisfy demand?

What other models are limited releases? I need to know, because I have to buy them all then.

Part number for the Wrangler is 84071. Standard models begin with 58 or 49, XB cars begin 43. Even the Pajero rerelease is a standard kit as it's number is 49490.

84... numbers are either body sets or limited models like the M03R, F103R, the part assembled Unimog, and a special edition GT3 cup XB car. Unless the number changes before release I expect we'll see one production run of these. Not too much of a worry though as the body set is readily available from the CR-01 and the production run is more likely to be 50,000 of them rather than 5,000.

Part number for the Wrangler is 84071. Standard models begin with 58 or 49, XB cars begin 43. Even the Pajero rerelease is a standard kit as it's number is 49490.

84... numbers are either body sets or limited models like the M03R, F103R, the part assembled Unimog, and a special edition GT3 cup XB car. Unless the number changes before release I expect we'll see one production run of these. Not too much of a worry though as the body set is readily available from the CR-01 and the production run is more likely to be 50,000 of them rather than 5,000.

So if the 49's are no 'limited' production runs - why are cars like the TA03RS Lancia 037 a '49' series car? <_< Same goes for the TL01 version of the '97er Impreza and for example the JACCS Honda Accord...

Anyway, as some mentioned before, they call it a limited release - but is there anything out there that we produce that's not limited? We don't even know the numbers they produce on ordinary kits (and probably varies, too), so even if they gave an indication of how many 'limited' cars they will produce, it has no use for us to know... :P

Oh, and here is the XB Porsche GT3:

tamiya_57784-749693.jpg

How does Tamiyablog find these images so quickly!? :(