Sign in to follow this  
pwn3rer

Gravel Hound Slicks Wanted

Hey all - I drive on Tarmac a lot and mainly hard surfaces.

I want a nice set of slicks for use in skate parks, on tarmac and concrete, with a fair amount of grip. I really need a suitable set of wheels (preferably with hubs - i.e not just the tyres) that I can take out the back and put on the DF02.

Any Suggestions?

Many thanks to all,

Hey all - I drive on Tarmac a lot and mainly hard surfaces.

I want a nice set of slicks for use in skate parks, on tarmac and concrete, with a fair amount of grip. I really need a suitable set of wheels (preferably with hubs - i.e not just the tyres) that I can take out the back and put on the DF02.

Any Suggestions?

Many thanks to all,

HPI Super size touring car wheels (31mm) with HPI vintage slicks is a good choice. Any Sedan 1/10 wheel will have slick options, just check on the offset.

the hpi super niro wheels/tyres are a good bet but hard to come by, same goes for the tgx wheel tyre sets. proline Dirt hawgs seem popular (not sure if proline do a pure on road tyre for buggys

As they're a 2.2 sized wheel, have a look on Proline's website at the 2.2 buggy tyres for some, or even Imex's.

HPI Super size touring car wheels (31mm) with HPI vintage slicks is a good choice. Any Sedan 1/10 wheel will have slick options, just check on the offset.

I had a look but they said "35-55mm"... which ones am I looking at?

As they're a 2.2 sized wheel, have a look on Proline's website at the 2.2 buggy tyres for some, or even Imex's.

I had a look and there only seemed one suitable for the road and that had really deep ruts... here: http://www.prolineracing.com/p-288-dirt-hawg-iii.aspx

How about TR15-T/Dyna Blaster wheels and tires (you will have to buy four rear wheels since the front wheels use a bearing fitting, not a hex).

I couldn't find these anywhere - do you have a link somewhere?

Thanks all, you are a great help.

Also I will make the point of saying i'm a total n00b and I really don't understand an awful lot of this. Simple terms and links would be handy for a newbie like me.

Many thanks @ all.

The TR-15T wheels and tires look like this: Reference 1, Reference 2

The wheels are shared by the Dyna Blaster, the tires however are different. I have seen several sets of these wheels on the bay (RCMart has them as well), I'm not sure about the tires but they shouldn't be impossible to find either.

they look kind of chunky, in width I suppose. Nothing like the stock ones...

EDIT: ahhhh, im so confused!! I have been looking on sites and I just don't know what to buy - how do I know what fits with what? Can someone just come up with 4 tyres and 4 wheels which work with each other, where the wheels are black and the tyres have some nice design... and I can simply get them, put the tyres on the wheels, strap them to my DF02 and gogogo!?

Many thanks,

they look kind of chunky, in width I suppose. Nothing like the stock ones...

EDIT: ahhhh, im so confused!! I have been looking on sites and I just don't know what to buy - how do I know what fits with what? Can someone just come up with 4 tyres and 4 wheels which work with each other, where the wheels are black and the tyres have some nice design... and I can simply get them, put the tyres on the wheels, strap them to my DF02 and gogogo!?

Many thanks,

What you could do is buy Dark Impact wheels and tires and just run those tires on tarmac. The small spikes will wear off and you'll have slicks (although the tires don't have a flat surface so might not wear evenly).

XC tires with touring car sized wheels will also work, even offroad (for example the Blazing Star uses a combination of XC tires and Celica GT-Four wheels) :rolleyes:

well, yeah, I have the default wheels (the dark impact/gravel hound ones) and they are wearing slowly.

Sounds a bit stupid, but I want it to look nice more than anything, and with the worn down off road, the spikes at the side still are ok, because they dont touch the ground all the time, only on corners. If you know what I mean?

How would this do?

Would it work alright:

http://www.fusionhobbies.com/Ansmann-Racin...ar211000010.htm

Those are touring car wheels. The overall diameter is about as big as the Gravel Hound wheel without the tyre and will give you very little ground clearance.

I would recommend the Proline Road Hawgs, give good grip and if the surfaces you are running on haven't been swept clean first they will give more grip than slicks. An alternative if you want the tyres to look like on road tyres there's the Schumacher Road and Track range fronts and rears

Fit either of them on 2.2" wheels such as Tamiyas DF03, Star Dish or Astral Dish wheels.