Sign in to follow this  
andyp2

Baldre Brushless Motor Wiring

I'm building the Brushless Baldre - with Carson 10T motor - this comes without any pre-wired terminals, and the Carson Dragster Sport ESC has 3 Black motor cables. The instructions with ESC say wire cables 1-1,2-2,3-3, to the motor, but swap 2 of 3 cables if motor rotation is reversed. All a bit confusing.

Anyone done this ? Can I solder to ring teminals, and screw these to motor plate without current loss, at least to get polarity right, Should I hard solder ESC to Motor for ultimate performance ?

And finally, all you Brushless DB-01 builders, from a Newbie of ancient years, please tell me this thing is worth the effort....

I hope it's sooo fast, and relatively maintenance free, and it doesn't break too easy.

( When you go out with the NorthWest Nutters everything seems to break ! )

AndyP2

I'm building the Brushless Baldre - with Carson 10T motor - this comes without any pre-wired terminals, and the Carson Dragster Sport ESC has 3 Black motor cables. The instructions with ESC say wire cables 1-1,2-2,3-3, to the motor, but swap 2 of 3 cables if motor rotation is reversed. All a bit confusing.

Anyone done this ? Can I solder to ring teminals, and screw these to motor plate without current loss, at least to get polarity right, Should I hard solder ESC to Motor for ultimate performance ?

And finally, all you Brushless DB-01 builders, from a Newbie of ancient years, please tell me this thing is worth the effort....

I hope it's sooo fast, and relatively maintenance free, and it doesn't break too easy.

( When you go out with the NorthWest Nutters everything seems to break ! )

AndyP2

I think I get what you are asking <_<

Brushless motors and ESCs have three wires, they are sometimes labeled A, B and C and sometimes coloured Yellow Blue and Orange. I guess on your motor they are called 1 2 and 3. There should be something that tells you which wire goes to which terminal om the motor, either in the ESC instructions or the Motor instructions

You have a choice with regard to how you attach the cables, there is nothing wrong with simply soldering direct to the motor though.

Solder the wires direct, there's no point adding an extra joint into the system by using spade terminals that have a higher resistance and a chance of coming undone. Just connect the three motor wires to the three connectors, which way is not important. If the motor runs backwards swap any two of the wires over.

In a much simplified way, the motor works by sending power down the wires in sequence, to pull the armature round. If the motor runs the wrong way swapping any two of the three wires over swaps round the rotation of the power, so also the rotation of the motor.

A lot of the NWN stuff breaks because we are using much faster motors and our usual general abuse. <_<