Bearhawk_Boy

Can You Remember Your First Rc Car - Kit Or Ready To Run

My first car was a Kyosho Peugeot 205 GTI, still have it in a box in 1000 bits.

More info please! Does it match my 1:1 car? If so, I might have to make you a crazy offer...

Hi!

You can see the model in one of the showrooms here on TC

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...5392&id=470

NIB hawen't seen in years or cars for that matters.

But after that I understand, they do tend to be sold on Australian Ebay now and then...

I have also a donor car, as my car is mostly broken due a bad crash, 14 days after I got it B)

But my plan is to do a resto when I got some time in the future...

Robbe did a 205 many moons ago, they look closer to yours than the Kyosho does.

Hope that helps ;)

After Ax talking about those ancient click cars, i remembered my first rc was a white "The Saint" Jaguar XJS Click car! man that thing looked sweet, impossible to control though!! lol

After that i always wanted a Jet Hopper, bugged my 'rents for one all year, and come christmas i opened a brand new, "Taiyo jeep thing" ! B)

epic dissapointment, but it did have a cool working winch and that peculiar boost function on the forward stick that was so popular back then.

After that i got serious and i got hold of a mates Wild One, mmmmmm ;) my only regret is thta in the fickleness of youth i sold it! hey ho.

After Ax talking about those ancient click cars, i remembered my first rc was a white "The Saint" Jaguar XJS Click car! man that thing looked sweet, impossible to control though!! lol

After that i always wanted a Jet Hopper, bugged my 'rents for one all year, and come christmas i opened a brand new, "Taiyo jeep thing" ! B)

epic dissapointment, but it did have a cool working winch and that peculiar boost function on the forward stick that was so popular back then.

After that i got serious and i got hold of a mates Wild One, mmmmmm ;) my only regret is thta in the fickleness of youth i sold it! hey ho.

OMG, i found it on TC!!

Tayio Hilux

Don't really rember my first wireless RC. I do rember my brother and I getting ones with the wired control many years ago a dune buggy and a corvette stingray can't remember who's was who's though. My first hobby grade rc was this stadium blitzer I bought in 93. Unfortunatly I traded it for a sailboat. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for a replacement someday.

StadiumBlitzer.jpg

Mmm, the Radio Shack 4x4 Offroad Tiger... soooo many christmases ago. I wish I still had that truck...

My first Radio Controlled car was the Boomerang which I got on my 14th birthday. I loved her and drove her until her end. My first Remot Controlled car was a cable controlled BMW M1 with lighs. Don't know the manufacturer anymore. Followed by two Mercedes box wagons (fire wageon and polic), also cable controlled. I still have them boxed on my loft. Still working.

Around 1980 when i was 8 after i saw a guy running a super fast buggy at the park i started asking my parents for an RC car. Some years later i discovered that the car was a Tamiya Rough Rider........

Anyway, my requests produced a result, my first RC car the MEGO DUNE MACHINE (see pics below), super slow with baloon tires tires that you blow up yourself and with real motor sound from a speaker under the motor on the rear........ Still seraching for one in good working order for my collection.

WWD :lol:

dunemachine.jpg

My first was the mighty Ford Ranger. Still have it, its the one semi-restored in my showroom. 1984 was the year.

The other day my nephew whos about 8 spotted my Bearhawk and wasn't that impressed lol but there you go :P anyway he asked me if was that my first proper rc car and it got me thinking...

Back in the hazy era know as the early 80's I remember getting my first RC pick up from Tandys, it was brilliant but it was good. It went everywhere and the following year I got another slightly better Tandy special in the shape of a fake Midnight Pumpkin.

Wast till the mid 90's when I was bought the Bearhawk (secondhand at that point) and its still going now (just)

So can you remember your first rc kit or ready to run outa the box?

i remember mine. it wasnt too long ago, may be 5 years. it was a RTR Duratrax Evader that i hopped up a bit and would do 40MPH before i stripped the motor and ESC out for my tamiya. :P

My very fist car was a Nikko. It was 1/18th if i remember, Red and had a winch. It was the best cos you could hook the winch onto anything and it would pull itself up. Dont know what happened to it. Probably got taken apart and not put back together again. I really want to find one.

Second car was a yellow Tandy 4x4. Again i got rid of it but a few years ago i managed to find one on eBay and it was as good as i remember.

My third (almost a proper car) was a Tandy Red Arrow. When I got it nobody else in my street had anything to match me.. The nearest was my mates Jet-Hopper and it got a panning on a daily basis!! :P

After that I joined the big boys and got a Mardave Meteor, and the rest is not for here.

Hmm first RC ever was a radioshack buggy when i was 9.... First hobby grade was an RC10 worlds car at 13... I can't believe it's been 20yrs and i'm still playing...Simpsons are on i'm out..