backtomyroots

I Just Turned 200,000 Kms !

Barbie as in barbecue. I was referring to the unseasonally charred countryside covering much of New South Wales.

Paul.

Sydney is probably still flooded in spots :lol: ... whereas Melbourne is in drought and just weathered its hottest week on record (45degC 110degF everyday)... not a single blade of green grass anymore when i passed several ovals & sports fields

I want an odometer on my RCs. I reckon they do a few kms.

haha maybe GPS can help?

used to run MouseOdo on my Mac many yrs ago... it clocked up over 10mi+ before that machine got retired

A friend of mine has an old Dodge Ramcharger with close to 500K on the clock and he still drives it. It has been repainted at least once and he has rebuilt or replaced the engine and tranny at least once each [along with everything else I suppose]. He really loves it but it is really starting to look pathetic again and doesn't sound too good either. He isn't sure whether to keep it alive or finally buy something new.

So he was sitting at a stop light the other day and a car full of teenagers pulls up next to him and motion for him to roll down the window. He thought maybe he had a flat tire or something was leaking out of / falling off the truck or a light not working or something so he rolls down the window. The kid in the passenger seat says, "Hey mister, that thing got a Hemi in it?" and they peel out and going tearing down the street laughing hysterically.

Boy was he ticked. I'm still laughing about it, but he hasn't gotten over it yet. :lol:

Hey guys,

The old NJ Paj (well not as old as an XE Falcon) is just about to hit 400,000 KM. orig motor, gbox, diffs. Been across Aus a couple of times and seen some of the worst (if not the worst) roads this country has to offer!

So pretty happy with that! :)

Rob.

(thoughts with those in the Victoria Bushfires)

It looks like I was talking rubbish. I spoke to my friend on the phone and told him about this thread. I had it in my head that it was nearly a million kilometres, but he told me it is nearly half a million on the Renault. Funny how the mind plays tricks like that, it was only recently I was in the old truck and could have sworn it was otherwise.

Keep well,

Paul.

My wife and I bought a Nissan Pathfinder a little over a year ago, with 339,000 miles on it. It has had the bottom end of the engine overhauled, clutch replaced, and new shocks and U-joints, but otherwise is mostly original. Well, except for the odometer...

On our way up to Oregon from California, with too much stuff crammed in (and tied on top of) the truck, barely able to squeeze into the two front seats, the speedometer broke. The needle was already bent, so it wasn't much use anyway, but the odometer still seemed to work; it read 343,100 something. Then, suddenly, the speedometer needle jumped up to 80 and stayed there. (I was going maybe 50, uphill and overloaded.) Then the "3" in the hundred-thousand place on the odometer started creeping upwards towards "4", and got stuck halfway in between. Then the other "3" in the thousands place did the same thing.

The speedometer clicked back in and started working again about a hour later when we stopped for gas, but the odo never worked right again; it would click of a few numbers, then stick again, then the thousands place would jump half a number, and so on... And the trip odometer stopped working altogether, which was a problem since the fuel gauge was wildly inaccurate.

A few months later I got a new gauge cluster from a junkyard and replaced the speedometer and the fuel gauge, because I was tired of guessing how much gas was in it. The old odometer read halfway-between-5-and-6, 5, halfway-between-7-and-8, 2-something-something. The new one was 129,000-something. It now reads 133,000, but the truck actually has somewhere around 350-355 thousand miles on it, and it still runs great.

Our other car, a Ford Probe, is rapidly approaching 180,000 miles. I'm hoping it makes it to 200,000.

I used to own a Datsun 100A estate fondly remembered as "The crisp packet"

it had over 250,000 miles on it when i scrapped it due to terminal rust mites.

It had no major engine or drivetrain problems at all bar 3 clutch plates.

Thought i better add my post to this one my old astramax van which was given to me by boss as they thought it was at the end of its life turned 250,000 when it was given to me. I kept the van for a further five years & when i scrapped it last year it had 315,000 on the clock & was starting to get difficult to start in the mornings & i got fed up with welding it up every year to get it through the mot. :D

I'm not quite sure how many km's my 1993 2.5L turbo R33 Skyline has done as the people that export these cars to Australia from Japan are fond of winding back odometers :rolleyes: but going on the cars excellant condition inside and out and spotless engine bay I think it would'nt be too much more than the 56,000 kms displayed. My last car the 1987 3.0L VL Commodore clicked over 250,000kms recently with no engine trouble at all it was just let down by other components like the air flow meter, coil, crank angle sensor, fuel pumps, distributor etc. Its now my parents second car and has plenty of life left as RB series engines can happily do 400,000kms.

Id like to add my little bit on the end here i used to own a Bright blue VW Variant, was once my grandads.

It did over 650,000 miles on the original engine - it did have the heads rebuilt with new valve seats and valves at about 400,000

It was in my family since new and its still going now - last seen in the dorking area round christmas :blink:

I used to own a Datsun 100A estate fondly remembered as "The crisp packet"

it had over 250,000 miles on it when i scrapped it due to terminal rust mites.

It had no major engine or drivetrain problems at all bar 3 clutch plates.

Ywisty > Do you know i've always fancied one of those :-) my sister had one in the eighties but rotted out :-( the estates looked cool - proper rare now ...

Apart from my company car which I do 3000 miles a month in (goes back every 75,000) so can never get to high miles. The rest of my cars are all lowish mileage.

The wifes XR2 is a 1988 and done 43k genuine (bought with 33k 4 years ago) my Capri has done 5000 in 8 years !!!!!!!!!

and i've an old Nissan Sunny thats done 40k and a 1988 Mitsubishi Lancer thats done 44k

So as you can see all my other tat has done naff all :-(

can i add mine? i just turned 88,000 miles the other day in my 1986 Nissan pickup! or does this not count? :lol:

can i add mine? i just turned 88,000 miles the other day in my 1986 Nissan pickup! or does this not count? :lol:

That's less than 4,000 miles a year! I do more than that some weekends!

wow! :D im glad i dont drive that far in a weekend. no cruse control is a killer.

it had 85,000 on it when i bought it and ive just been driving to school and back every day, 40 miles each way. ive had it for a month or two now.

Here's my 2003 Acura CL-S with 215,000 km's. i hope she lasts forever

picture03811tb5.jpg

picture0391fm4.jpg

can i add mine? i just turned 88,000 miles the other day in my 1986 Nissan pickup! or does this not count? :P

Sure !

In other news, the Honda I had when I started this thread has been sold off had about 208,000 kms on her.

Now, I've got a new Toyota Corolla for about 3 months now and I've racked up 10,000 kms already :D. I'm going for 500,000 on this one !

its a toyota so im sure itll do 500,000!

in my area there are a ton of old toyota pickups with 200-500,000 miles on them that still run great. just look a bit beat up. lol.

I have an 1999 aprillia sr125 scooter, 0 previous owners and less than 200km from new....not even been run in yet. It was one my dad kept from his aprillia franchise....needless to say it will never be ridden ever again.....it has been parked in my (tiny) shed for the past 6 years and is quite shabby now, probably needs afew bits of paintwork touching up but it must be the best sr125 in the world?

dazaa

Hmm, I remember an Aprilia franchise in London going bust with my bike in the workshop and the bailiffs took it away to sell it whilst I was on holiday. Down on Commercial Street, E1.

It was a Habana Custom 125.

P.

my dad used to ride an aprilia climber 280. awesome bike but the inverted forks liked to blow out and soak the front disk brake ad the brake pads. was the first modern trials bike i ever rode.