hash...

Ta01 Lancia Delta

Gearset part number is SP-529 or #50529 - 4WD Touring & Rally Car Plastic Gear Set.

I bought 3 sets from the US about a month ago. I still wear them out, just not as fast as with the alloy pinions (a single run).

Yeap they are the dampers I have, lucky find! They are getting rare, and do lower the chassis slightly too.

#53571 is the newer TRF set. #42102 is a special version of the TRF set

Gearset part number is SP-529 or #50529 - 4WD Touring & Rally Car Plastic Gear Set.

I bought 3 sets from the US about a month ago. I still wear them out, just not as fast as with the alloy pinions (a single run).

Yeap they are the dampers I have, lucky find! They are getting rare, and do lower the chassis slightly too.

#53571 is the newer TRF set. #42102 is a special version of the TRF set

i just managed to get the sp-529 gearset on ebay, does it have the idle gear included? do any mods need to be done to the front diff aswell?? cheers dude

i just managed to get the sp-529 gearset on ebay, does it have the idle gear included? do any mods need to be done to the front diff aswell?? cheers dude

forgot to add :rolleyes: im right in saying theres also metal parts to mae the diff needed aswll or can i use the ones that are allready in the diff now??? sorry to be a pain :)

#50529 is a complete gearset for both front and rear gearboxes and will replace every gear with a new one including the ball diff and the bevel gear diff. It doesn't contain the metal bevel gears from inside the front diff or any of the ball diff hardware. The diff parts seldom wear if adjusted correctly and you can just use the new gears with the old centres. Ball diffs will wear a groove in the thrust plate or flatten the balls if over tightened or run dry for ages without service. Check them before reassembly, there are ball diff overhaul kits which are cheaper than buying a complete diff. Use the right grease in the ball diff is very important.

Changing the front diff to a ball diff is driver preference and decision based on your driving style. The ball diff rear/bevel gear diff front is my prefered setup and has an oversteer tendency. My kids find the car easier to drive with bevel gear diffs both front and rear. My brother in-law prefers ball diffs in both with the front tighter than the rear.

#50529 is a complete gearset for both front and rear gearboxes and will replace every gear with a new one including the ball diff and the bevel gear diff. It doesn't contain the metal bevel gears from inside the front diff or any of the ball diff hardware. The diff parts seldom wear if adjusted correctly and you can just use the new gears with the old centres. Ball diffs will wear a groove in the thrust plate or flatten the balls if over tightened or run dry for ages without service. Check them before reassembly, there are ball diff overhaul kits which are cheaper than buying a complete diff. Use the right grease in the ball diff is very important.

Changing the front diff to a ball diff is driver preference and decision based on your driving style. The ball diff rear/bevel gear diff front is my prefered setup and has an oversteer tendency. My kids find the car easier to drive with bevel gear diffs both front and rear. My brother in-law prefers ball diffs in both with the front tighter than the rear.

thanks for that bit of info it will be treasured i want mine to drive like the real one *** happy :rolleyes::);)

21T/74T is the stock gearing in my TA02RS (same gearboxes and FDR), battery (Ni-MH) is cooking hot after a run with the MM 5700Kv. I have a 19T RR Steel in there atm with the 5700Kv and all temps are good. Overall wheel diameter will affect the pinion selection. There are different tyre profiles.

Motor and ESC are usually coolish and the battery cooking when the gearing is too tall and there is too much load and the motor is drawing excess current to try and make the motor rev to match the voltage supplied. It kills the packs eventually and they won't accept a full charge until one cell fails completely and then they are just gutless.

How hot are your packs after a hard full battery run? Warmer than when they came off the charger with Ni-MH is asking for problems. Li-Po ignore the current draw, they supply heaps.

when i run 19 & 20T the nimh are no warmer than when they come off the charger (i have 1 yr old venom 3000 packs and a 4200) but i usually run my newish yeah racing 3200 lipo's with it now. 21t is definitely too tall though, nimh batts do get hot.

Bargin on ebay today....

from the listing..

Its still in the original box as you can see with the owners manual etc

Fitted with acoms tecniplus radio gear and a manual speed controller

i replaced all the bearings and propshaft with hop up options parts which were in their time the top ball raced upgrade parts from tamiya avaible

should save me a few quid on bearings n propshaft :lol:

Bargin on ebay today....

from the listing..

Its still in the original box as you can see with the owners manual etc

Fitted with acoms tecniplus radio gear and a manual speed controller

i replaced all the bearings and propshaft with hop up options parts which were in their time the top ball raced upgrade parts from tamiya avaible

should save me a few quid on bearings n propshaft :)

i got a similar deal to this came on about the same time made a buy now offer came ready to run batt/full radio gear box and manual .

Fitted my new esc n motor today changed the gears to Ta02, still waitng for the propshaft, shocks, batteries and new bearings :)

Hash, yes indeed it is TA-02 and the TA-01 prop shaft is going to be 20mm too long. Bearing set is also different.

It's always a good idea to ID the chassis correctly before buying parts for it.

how do you know the difference in ta01 ta02?

mine looks the same (i think) and i thought it was a TA01?

Picture771Medium.jpg

They are both TA-01's. The tub is 20mm longer, has a honeycomb effect in the bottom and the front knuckles and dogbones are different.

Hash, yes indeed it is TA-02 and the TA-01 prop shaft is going to be 20mm too long. Bearing set is also different.

It's always a good idea to ID the chassis correctly before buying parts for it.

thanks for all this info, i think ive bbasicly worked out whats going on now i have a ta02 but yet the rear gear casing had ta01s gear in it as they were the alloy gears which i have now changed to ta02. as for the front end am still a bit unsure as i think it might be ta01 with the skyline hop up Long Front Suspension Arm Set???? thanks guys

thanks for all this info, i think ive bbasicly worked out whats going on now i have a ta02 but yet the rear gear casing had ta01s gear in it as they were the alloy gears which i have now changed to ta02. as for the front end am still a bit unsure as i think it might be ta01 with the skyline hop up Long Front Suspension Arm Set???? thanks guys

Blue steering knuckles are TA-02 and have odd sized bearings in them. TA-01 steering knuckles are red and use 2x 1150 bearings. As for the arms, it's hard to see in your images.

Blue steering knuckles are TA-02 and have odd sized bearings in them. TA-01 steering knuckles are red and use 2x 1150 bearings. As for the arms, it's hard to see in your images.

Looks like a regular TA-02 front arm. It's different to the TA-01 ones and the same as the 3x TA-02 ones I have.

Looks like a regular TA-02 front arm. It's different to the TA-01 ones and the same as the 3x TA-02 ones I have.

so i can get a ta02 bearing set and it should fit :)

Yes, a TA02 bearing set is needed as the whole car is a TA02.

so did the TA02 also come with alloy gears?

The TA02 didn't come with alloy gears, but it isn't something that specifically identifies the model. At any point the gear set could be worn out or broken, and replaced with one of several different gear sets, all of which are interchangeable. If you go to your LHS wanting a TA02 gear set and they have a DF01 gear set, guess what you'll walk out with.

The TA02 didn't come with alloy gears, but it isn't something that specifically identifies the model. At any point the gear set could be worn out or broken, and replaced with one of several different gear sets, all of which are interchangeable. If you go to your LHS wanting a TA02 gear set and they have a DF01 gear set, guess what you'll walk out with.

yeah i get you im just a bit new to this and am struggling a bit ;)