Sign in to follow this  
tamiya_89

ff-01 hop ups

On a local trading site i saw a couple of nice hop-ups for a ta02. As i have an ff01 i was wondering if the follwing hop ups would fit:

FRP damper stay (ta02), hard cup joint set, Ta02 speed tuned gear set (probably wont[:(]) and 4wd (ta02) rear stabiliser (i want that one[;)])

Any help graetly appriciated as others are bidding one the parts to[8)] (probably TC members[:o)])

Sorry - none of them will fit. Just the hard joint cup set may, if it's the set for a ball diff, if it's a gear diff set, it won't fit either. The rear stabilizers won't even make much sense apart from having no attachment point on the rear.

I thought the rear stablizer could fit becuase the rear end is the same of the ta02 and the hard joint cups are for an ball dif but i dont think those make a very big difference.

Thnx for your help

Is there any one who could make me a list of wich hop-ups fit on the ff-01 chassis? I already have the alloy motormount + bleu cooling element , sporttuned motor, ballbarings, kingpins, ajustable upper arms. I think my car was one of those special tuned chassis made by tamiya i didn;t get a manual or body but it did have white 10 spoke wheels with slicks.

You'll find the Hop-Up list for the FF01 in some FF01 manuals on this site, f.e. the Volvo 850 (58183), page 19.

Sorry to be a nerd - here's a pic of an FF01 and a TA02 rear. As you see, the TA02 rear stabilizers won't fit. The attachment points are on the rear gearbox and the FF01 simply has no rear gearbox. You don't want them anyway, believe me. You need all the grip you can get on the rear of an FF01 car to keep it going where you want it to. http://www.csanders.de/bilder/cars/P5210001.JPG

Thanx again sandman you have been very helpfull and clear. Are that those two cars of you sandman thy look incredebly nice[^] and one thing i want for my ff01 has to be the frp chassis as it seems to be a good hop up altough it is seems very expensive and rare. I've now downloaded the manual to see wich hop-ups fit. Know the next thing to do is to sign myself up tp ebay and paypal.[}:)]

Those are two very nice cars you have over there the ff-01 is one of my favorites to wuth it front wheel drive. Those cars must have cost a fortune. For the carbon chassie you need to buy first the frp set and than hop that up to carbon. There actuallt not full options as you could buy alloy servo post.[;)] Just kidding very nice cars has to be one of the best ta02 and ff01 i have ever seen[^]

tamiya_89, you are right. but i made the pics a few months ago. meanwhile i added the aluminum servo posts as the ta02 has.