Rich D

Can Anyone Id These Tamiya Buggy Tyres Please ?

IIRC, pin spikes were an optional / hop-up part that appeared just after the Hotshot, later making an appearance in the Super Shot kit :rolleyes:

IIRC, pin spikes were an optional / hop-up part that appeared just after the Hotshot, later making an appearance in the Super Shot kit :rolleyes:

Cheers Jonny - ive actually discovered that these are Egress tyres after doing some online scouring B)

Rich

Cheers Jonny - ive actually discovered that these are Egress tyres after doing some online scouring :rolleyes:

Rich

I guess I didn't recall correctly then ... it has been over 20 years though B)

Egress front and rear, available as a hop up for the Avante, but you would need 4 rears to make it fit.

Paul.

Definitely not Manta Ray. Manta Ray tyres are the same all round for a start and have fewer spikes horizontally.

Egress tyres, for sure.

Paul.

My Falcons wearing those tyres

Original Falcon tires/wheels are a smaller diameter, and are the same tires as the Thunder Shot.

Super Shot spike tires have conical spikes in them. They're the same tires as used on the Avante.

- James

Hi there.

Sorry to be pedantic, but no, they really won't. The Bear Hawk front wheels are too small, the Manta Ray wheels are all the same size (these are not) and the spikes are different. These are Egress tyres which will also fit the Avante with Hop up wheels, or just the rears will fit the Avante. All sorts of tyres might 'fit' other cars, but they aren't the 'right' tyres.

Mechinyun, what is +1, please :-)

Paul.

Paul-- the "+1" means that Mechinyun agrees with your statement that he quoted. It's similar to saying "ditto" or "yeah, what he said". :blink:

Sorry to be pedantic, but no, they really won't. The Bear Hawk front wheels are too small, the Manta Ray wheels are all the same size (these are not) and the spikes are different. These are Egress tyres which will also fit the Avante with Hop up wheels, or just the rears will fit the Avante. All sorts of tyres might 'fit' other cars, but they aren't the 'right' tyres.

If they fit, why shouldn't they be used? Do you want pics of them on some Bear Hawk rears?

The question was whay tyres are these from, not for.

Bearhawk has since edited his reply I think, so I should have quoted him, but he stated these tyres would work on a Manta Ray front and Rear and Bear Hawk fronts also. They won't. The Bear Hawk wheels on the front are smaller and the Manta Ray wheels are the same width front and rear, whereas these tyres aren't.

It really doesn't matter what they will fit, the question as stated was what are they from.

They are from an Egress.

If you are still unsure, look at the box, or the reference material here on Tamiyaclub.com.

Paul.

Bearhawk has since edited his reply I think, so I should have quoted him, but he stated these tyres would work on a Manta Ray front and Rear and Bear Hawk fronts also. They won't. The Bear Hawk wheels on the front are smaller and the Manta Ray wheels are the same width front and rear, whereas these tyres aren't.

It really doesn't matter what they will fit, the question as stated was what are they from.

They are from an Egress.

If you are still unsure, look at the box, or the reference material here on Tamiyaclub.com.

Paul.

Cheers Paul - i too was sure that they are from an Egress after looking here CLICKME

Egress im 100% sure too :blink:

Rich

Thanks Paul,

You can all find tire / wheel info for the first 100 Tamiyas here: CLICKY

And the Hybrid Spike tire (rear) is here: CLICKY

-Lars

This is the only such reference I am aware of on the web. We should all have a look at Lars' website, as there are some superb nuggets of information there, along with tips, tricks and photos I haven't seen elsewhere.

You will find the Egress front (narrow) hybrid tyres are a plenty, whilst the 58040 rears are much harder (and therefore more expensive) to find due to the fact they were used as a hop up on the Avante and on other cars and often in 4s (2 pairs).

Generally speaking you will find collectors and other deviants, like me (!) are quite pedantic about such matters, as it does actually matter when displaying older models that you get the right parts, even when running them for the authentic look. Personally I find nothing wrong with running a car with incorrect tyres that fit, but from a point of view of reference, it is important to start from the right position ;-)

Keep up the good work lars!

Paul.

They are from an Egress.

Paul.

The only reason I said that was becasue I have a set of them tyers in Yellow and they fit the BH fronts fine, sorry if I confused anybody but I though I said Manta Ray Back and Fronts and Bearhawk Backs - :lol: But nevermind its sorted now :) again sorry for any confusion I might have casued, Im always doing that but its just normally me that gets confused lol